TLZone Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, whilst cleaning my bike, I managed to drop it. That feeling you get when you've just moved it forward and assumed the side stand is still fully down - it wasn't and the bike rolled forward and toppled over.
It fell over and hit the frame of the garage door - it made an almighty crash. The mirror/fairing stay took the brunt of the blow, bending badly and braking off a small bit of the fairing where the mirror attaches, and the windscreen broke. Luckily there doesn't seem to be any more damage (haven't looked too closely yet).
I think I should be able to repair the fairing, I have a spare original windscreen, its just the bracket/mirror stay that is buggered - I tried bending it back into shape but it snapped. :banghead
I guess I'll have to try and find a new one - any ideas? :O
I knew I should have put it on the paddock stand.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do like the look of those - they come up on ebay occasionally - they don't seem to be listed on the Harris website though - discontinued:O
I'll give you a fiver for yours!?:laugh
What's with the tape on it?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
TIMR, sorry to hear that dude:banghead , I am at my mates bit ( GIRDERS ) so I will have a look round and see what hes got.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Why do people not just leave their bike in gear and roll it forwards, that way many things like this would not happen. Anyway woops.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why do people not just leave their bike in gear and roll it forwards, that way many things like this would not happen. Anyway woops.
I've always thought "what a careless thing to do - I'd never do that".......
You're never to old to learn! :banghead

1 - 7 of 7 Posts