TLZone Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
That is a good price. I don't know a huge amount about the '00 as we got few to none officially imported here. Wreakah could fill ya in. The only thing I'd want to double check is that it has the current-style oiling system. The older bikes (TE/TC's anyway) had no real oil pumps or filters and were very high maintence - I belive that 00 was the first year for the SM and dual sport TE and that it was also the first year for the updated motor with twin oil pumps, real oil filters etc. If I'm right it should be an awsome bike, very reliable, smooth, powerful etc. Keep in mind that it runs more like a typical big displacement, old school thumper than like a 450cc MX race bike - that is to say lots of torque, heavy fllywheels, not particularly high or quick reving. I'm not saying these are bad things at all, for street they are good things imho, but its something to be aware of.

have fun

G

·
i had this exact same bike, colors and all :)

seriously, it was the most fun bike i ever had. :thumbup

maintenance is OK, i changed the oil every 500km, which was not necessary (only every 5000km required). It's only a litte more than one liter, so cost is nothing.

Yes, it is the model with two oil pumps (from 1999,5 on). It is very reliable, and ideal for street-SM-fun. It isn't the lightest out there, nor is it the fastest, but when you're used to a TLS, this will feel like a bicycle. It wheelies very easily too, so it's got more than enough power. I reached 175kph with it.

Brakes are brembo standard, with big disc, so that's the good stuff! :thumbup

it's fantastic for little rides in the city, and it's comfortable enough to travel on the highway too...i even rode it 2-up quite alot! Very very relaxing :)

i dunno the prices in the USA, but that price would be cheap here in Europe...

go for it :yes :yes

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Sounds awsome :hail Wreckah:thumbup

BTW It'll be much faster and smoother than a DRZ400SM which would cost more - gotta love husqvarna and their 6spd gearboxes:)

·
Registered
525 Posts
the bike is not high maintenance, but you should consider that with less maintenance comes less power.

the genuine 570 TC or TE line is a far more agressive ride.

I say buy the thing, all SM's are fun to ride!

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
the bike is not high maintenance, but you should consider that with less maintenance comes less power.

the genuine 570 TC or TE line is a far more agressive ride.

I say buy the thing, all SM's are fun to ride!
i used to hace a tc 610. it was fooookin mental........loved it to bits....:laugh :laugh

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is a tough decision. In order to get the sm right now I would have to sell the TL. Still leaves me with the RC for a sport bike, but I'm just not sure if I want to get rid of the TL. I'll probably just wait until I can add an SM with out getting rid of one of my current bikes.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Makes sense:thumbup

or you could sell the RC

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have fallen in love with the RC. it is not going anywhere. It is also my current bike for my occasional track days.

matt

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
the only bad thing I can saw about the Husky is because of how "rare" it is in the US, parts and labor are pricey, and the wait to get replacement parts is weeks, not days (at least this is what I've heard from several people).

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
It depends on if the part is stocked in the US, most parts for the later model husqvarna's are in stock either at FBF or Halls and are available imeadiately. If the part isn't anywhere in the US it can take a couple months to get one from Italy, but I really don't think you'll run into such issues with a later model bike.

With my '95 husqvarna 2-stroke only once was I not able to get a part right away and that was because it was backordered and the factory had to go make more. Took 2-3 months to get the part (rear fender).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts