TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

After searching everywhere for a coated safety cable for my hump I found a supplier that can manufacture vinyl coated safety cables, there's a minimum order of 25 for this cable. With this cable you can put the hump aside without detaching it if you want to get in the rear compartment. The cable is a clear coated 1/16 steel cable with carabine attached, thickness measured with coating is about 1/8" (2mm). It's pretty flexible and the cable length (eye center to eye center) is 18". If you're still worried about scratches I suggest to put some shrink hose around the aluminum connections.
The cost is $6 per cable plus shipping and that won't be too much as it is a lightweight cable, probably around $1 for domestic. For international shipping I'm guessing around $5.

25 people for the clear vinyl coated Hump Saver Cable:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
i have a nylon lashing strap but I will take one...put me down #1 Crazyfamily

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1 Crazyfamily

·
Registered
5 Posts
Chris, can we post this on gotogroupbuy.com? We got a bunch of riders there that can use this. I don't know if you'll hit the 25 minimum order with just the TLR crowd. We got bay area riders and several others that might want in on this. LMK. I think we can get this list filled up faster.

Vince

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chris, can we post this on gotogroupbuy.com? We got a bunch of riders there that can use this. I don't know if you'll hit the 25 minimum order with just the TLR crowd. We got bay area riders and several others that might want in on this. LMK. I think we can get this list filled up faster.

Vince
Sounds good Vince!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Chris, I've posted the group buy. I'm joined as #1. We can all join using this link -

Join our group buy here

I'm assuming this will work with GSXRs and others right? If so, lets see if we can find anyone else interested. Might also be a good idea to update your sig link. Once we get enough buyers, we can invite your guy to take over the group buy. LMK if this works for you.

Vince

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Works with every bike if you ask me. How does it work to take over the group buy?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
TLRChris....I am not going to join another forum to order....just keep me on this one or put me on that one.....but make sure i get one....

·
Registered
5 Posts
gjg26, fair enough. I just thought it would be helpful. 25 cables is not a small number and between one thread in a TLR forum, I just didn't think you guys would get to the max. I've got an 06 gixxer and know what the value in something like this. I will go ahead and remove the gb if you guys want to keep it here.

i think you should just keep it in this fourm,plus you just joined and are not a subscriber just my opinion not trying to be rude

·
Registered
473 Posts
im not saying you have to remove it i don't have the power or say in that area , just saying you should subscribe so poeple can trust one another ,

·
Registered
5 Posts
gjg26, I'm subscribed to the thread, but I normally just lurk. My friend has a yellow TLR, which is why I browse this site every now and then. I just saw Chris's thread and thought he had a great idea. I just didn't think 25 cables was gonna be an easy feat. BTW, I don't sell anything and the group buy site is free is well. Thanks for the heads up.

im not saying you have to remove it i don't have the power or say in that area , just saying you should subscribe so poeple can trust one another ,

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This thread stays and can be filled no problem, I can always order some more cables if need be.

Ok as far as the gotogroupbuy thing, I'll be handling all transactions myself when we're ready so you'll have to invite me when the time comes. Also Payments through PayPal when the time comes to order please. I'll make sure that everyone who paid will get there cable.

Vince, thanks for helping out though I appreciate it. It's a good idea and I hope that it won't confuse things too much and will just speed things up. The gotogroupbuy is a separate list as far as I'm concerned, but when added up to this thread it gets to 25 I'll put in the order.

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 Crazyfamily
2 gjg26

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·