TLZone Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay people everyone has an opinion about there motor builds. I want to know what everyone thinks would be the ultimate built motor. keep in mind it cant have a turbo or charger, nos is optional. other than that anything goes and it has be able to be ridden daily. race motors are great, but you have to rebuild them frequently.

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts
Race motors are great, but you have to rebuild them frequently.
Not the case, my 1040cc 140+ Bhp has done 5 seasons and only just suffered a spun rod bearing :thumbup

I would go big bore, maybe only +2mm if you want to be sure of reliabilty, cams/verniers etc

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
I'd grab a marker and write Suzuki on the side of a duc 1198 motor:laugh

but seriously, something like Sam's motor or N2wheelies' motor would be just about right - cams, compression, possibly an overbore, ideally light Ti rods and keep the RPM stock.

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
if it isn't due for a rebuild then leave it alone and spend the same on a shock some forks and a couple of goes at race and roadcraft tuition.
cos no matter how powerful the motor your gonna get iced by a better handling bike and a better rider.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
The RingIn has the best advice, but if you still want more power, listen to Sam. He's built a few of these bikes. Though, for some odd reason he builds the slower TLS's, guess he likes a challenge. :laugh

·
15,415 Posts
Though, for some odd reason he builds the slower TLS's, guess he likes a challenge. :laugh
:laugh Yeah, I always supports the underdogs for some reason, must be my competative nature :devious

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Not the case, my 1040cc 140+ Bhp has done 5 seasons and only just suffered a spun rod bearing :thumbup

I would go big bore, maybe only +2mm if you want to be sure of reliabilty, cams/verniers etc
been running my big bore motor for five years now.....:)

·
Registered
933 Posts
I think JonAngelo has the highest output on the site. I think he's 190+ with a dry shot

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
You can get power out of it but I'm not so sure that it's worthwhile for a street application. How many of you with the +2 JE's are running pump gas? Doug and gixxer160 came up with some ghetto race gas mix with toluene and pump gas that worked pretty good but it's still requires some kind of mixing.

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
Though, for some odd reason he builds the slower TLS's,
a little patience and voila .

you too can shit on an R

:hail Sam

·
15,415 Posts
I think JonAngelo has the highest output on the site. I think he's 190+ with a dry shot
As impressive as it is, Nos doesn't do it for me, you need power available all the time and useable, Nos is only good for the strip or pub bragging rights :devious

You can get power out of it but I'm not so sure that it's worthwhile for a street application. How many of you with the +2 JE's are running pump gas? Doug and gixxer160 came up with some ghetto race gas mix with toluene and pump gas that worked pretty good but it's still requires some kind of mixing.
I'm running +2's and 14:1 on pump gas, the cam timing helps with that though :devious

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
People i am building a streetfighter. I want a lot of tourque and hp. so i am looking for the best combo to go with. The suspension has been taken care off. Ohliens all the way around. I have been looking for a supercharger and still no luck, so i am going to do a full motor build. I haven't made up my mind if i am going to go nos or not, but I would really like to know what is the best combo for these bikes.

·
Registered
462 Posts
There is a guy on here that makes a 1080cc and a 11?? kit for our Tl's. Do a search and contact him.

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
How many of you with the +2 JE's are running pump gas? Doug and gixxer160 came up with some ghetto race gas mix with toluene and pump gas that worked pretty good but it's still requires some kind of mixing.
What cams are these guys running? If the compression is THAT high you might just consider slightly wilder cams, lowering the dynamic effective compression. Fuel shouldn't really be a big problem if the squish is set tight enough. At least that's what I'm told LOL.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nothing against them, I would just rather have a very well built motor. I have considered a turbo made from scratch, but i know nothing about them or where to start. also I dont want to get a fortune tied up in it, and still get smoked by your standard gsxr 1000 or R1

1 - 17 of 17 Posts