TLZone Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Im not a tls person but since im making the stock oem fairings for them, which no1 else on the market has! =) i need to know how they are placed on.

1) Side fairings
1a) Fake Carbon Rings that mount onto the side fairings
2) Left and Right inside cluster small fairings. ( I need pics of how this is attached, and to what. I want to know if i can mold this straight into the side fairings)
3) Front cluster fairing that looks like it goes right behind the cluster and the the windshield.
4) Black inner fairings which goes on the inside of each side fairing.

I dont think i will be making the right side bracket that looks like it holds the coolant bottle? just b/c im seen people attach it straight to the frame. or is that the bracket that holds the airtube? Tv1000s is also coming out with a surprise which he wants me to mold and produce ( Aftermarket airtubes) ill let him talk about that.

If you can take pics step by step it would greatly help produce these fairings. (Which are still in shipment)

I still need a rear hugger, and undertail that does not fit the stock tail but has a aftermarket round light type look. I am also making the gsxr type tail for the tls which might be solo and will need either the seat or the cowl bracket so it can come off and on with just the turn of the rear key.

For those who contribute fairings, OEM, ANY BIKE YR AND MODEL! will get a fairing back in fiberglass. Lighter, stronger, and just pay shipping!

I got all the front of the tls stock oems, just now thought about the stock tail.. those fairings i will need. i think bx is also contributing for that.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Did you make the air scoops part of the fairing (a la sharkskinz) or are they still seperate like the oem setup? I'm watching your development of this fairing closely :devious

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
um.. hmm.. see.. well i need details.

The airscoops, can someone send me pics of that? i thought the airtube and that were 1 piece? Oh as i think of it. The race fairing (which will be complete this week =) ) has what your talking about.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I have a tls:
sharkskin rear
Gauge Cover and Fake Carbon above headlight
Fake Carbon Ram Air Covers

you could borrow once she goes into hibernation..

·
Registered
451 Posts
i mocked up the right side going to work on left side today i will not post pics but it will be a bolt on and you will still need to use your stock tubes. What i did was take suzuki's theory for the tls and made it larger to get more air presure and air volume into the motor .I wise i could make a larger airbox but you really cant make a much larger maybe i will try to make one in the off season.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
chelpa i have a ton of pics of mounting brackets on a tls at home, when i get home(late ) tongiht i will post them up

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
if you have any specific request for pics, let me know and ill snap some this weekend

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanx bro!

·
Registered
451 Posts
hey louis, i have to dismantle my front fairings and windscreen to investigate a headlight problem, i will take pictures for you too and put them up..if you go to the bike pictures section i have some there of my undertail..the thread is "finally back together"

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
;) thanx ! ill check it out

·
Registered
4,197 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
RA sells um for about 200 a side painted & decaled . theres a center piece under the head light .

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh i meant Fiberglass Oem. Not OEM OEM from Suzuki. I believe BX included the ram air scoops.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...:yes, I sent you the complete front fairing including the ram air scoops...

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SWEET!

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
chelapa said:
um.. hmm.. see.. well i need details.

The airscoops, can someone send me pics of that? i thought the airtube and that were 1 piece? Oh as i think of it. The race fairing (which will be complete this week =) ) has what your talking about.
No OEM stuff, but here's OEM race glass info.

One piece front. (Images are click for bigger ones)

Attached at the radiator, fairing stay and two screws underneath the front into the headlight bracket. Air intakes are just moulded to the shape of the OEM ones but are part of the upper. The rear of the air intakes are sized and shaped to accept the stock air tube rubber boot. No allowance for the overflow bottle. I had a baby milk bottle attached to the headlight mount bracket for overflow.

Overflow (looking in before I fitted the screen)

One piece rear.

Two screws into brackets made up that screwed into the top of the bracket that has the rear seat lock in it held it on.

On the bike

I had a complete spare set of ram tubes because the OEM ones are a pain to get out and in the OEM fairings.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts