TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i am going to get my first TL this week, i went to Progressive. they told me min is 997/year. and full coverage is 7,558 !!!!

i am 21, live in socal. anyone can tell me some cheaper one. my car cost me 2300/year, my first bike is 650 it only cost 205/year...

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Yowsa!!! When I had mine liability was only $104 per year...but I'm 35 yrs old.

·
Registered
790 Posts
872/year full coverage with state farm. 25 years old. But dang, that much for just liability? Liability only is usually next to nothing. :confused

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
I pay just under $500 a year for full coverage, but I'm 35 and have a good record.
It's through Progressive, but I'm sure being in NH compared to CA has something to do with it as well.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
i am 21, live in socal.
If I had to point to anything I think that'd be it. My Katana 600 cost me more to insure for full coverage than the payments were when I bought it at the age of 24. Fortunately six months later when I turned 25 the insurance dropped heavily. When I got my TL I was in the over 30 bracket and I paid $107 a year for basic in Dallas Tx.

·
Registered
528 Posts
im in old blighty....spending round 300£ third party fire and theft! im 27 and 11 points on my licence!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Here in MA they don't let you use the "internet companies" (like Gieko & Esurrance). You need to go to the local company that the RMV will allow to insure vehicles in your town. Talk about removing the competition!!

·
Registered
252 Posts
If you have it in your area try american family insureance knocked my rate down from 900 to 300 full coverage

·
Registered
211 Posts
full coverage for me is about $40 a month. so...$480 a year.

·
Registered
93 Posts
£106 a year full comp' with legal and breakdown inc:hail but i,m 39 with full no claims..no points etc:) :devious

·
Registered
878 Posts
American Family here in Wisconsin wont even touch a sport bike. The best quote I got was through state farm, 527 every 6 months for full coverage. I'm 22 with a not so good driving record

·
Registered
528 Posts
Here in MA they don't let you use the "internet companies" (like Gieko & Esurrance). You need to go to the local company that the RMV will allow to insure vehicles in your town. Talk about removing the competition!!
that would piss me off big time!!!!!!!:rant :coocoo :confused :banghead

·
Registered
392 Posts
holy shit thats higher then giraffe pussy

i pay 321 for 2 TLR's and one GSXR Liability only but you can get something

cheaper

think about how much a new GSXR 1000 plus the bank note a year big money

·
Registered
676 Posts
I am 25, first street bike is my 1997 TLS. Insurance is $310 for the cheapest Liability. Full coverage was around $900. Progressive is about the most expensive too. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts