TLZone Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting no response from my Bike for sale thread, I am putting her back to standard to part ex, I have a TLR swingarm that may be worth removing if it is an easy job, so is it an easy job to change the swingarm over please

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
matey thats bad news, I have texted my mate as he is looking for a twin so I am waiting to hear back from him, but just so you know, he works on the riggs and wont be back until after xmas, I have asked his missus to ask him if he calls in, so If I hear anything I will let you know.

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice one Ally, I put it up for a sensible price, but by putting her back to std I should get quite a bit more :devious It will still be a nice bike in standard guise and be a bargain too. cheers Ally

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
After getting no response from my Bike for sale thread, I am putting her back to standard to part ex, I have a TLR swingarm that may be worth removing if it is an easy job, so is it an easy job to change the swingarm over please
it's easy enough. about an hr.:)

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Jhonny if want to sell the TLR swingarm appart think on me.... I'll be interesting if will be a plug&play job for my S .....:)

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
The hardest part to remove the singarm is:
a) jacking it up without swingarm. Not really a problem if you have some low car stands: Put these under the frame.

b) removing all the rusted bolts of the linkage. The two bolts that connect damper and swingarm and linkage and swingarm are usually a bitch to get out. Depends how properly it was assembled, how long it was mounted and how much rain it saw. I had to press out the bolts on both TLS I own (Suzuki doesn't know the word "grease" me thinks).

Greetings
Rufer

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Rufer, I think it could take me a week alone to get my garage as tidy as yours.

As a mod I think it best that I start a For sale thread in the Marketplace when the time is right, alot of the bits seem to be selling themselves though :laugh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts