TLZone Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya lads, i have removed the back end as ive now got my ducati seat unit, plugged everything in to fire it up, and i have the FI warning on the dash, also she starts for a quick sec then cuts out. Read through a thread and someone else said something about removing the rear seat and putting it into dealer mode to get a code ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SORTED....White plug tucked under the tank that i didnt see, plugged in, code gone, now ticking over, thanks Stryfe :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cheers dude, checked it out, and i got a c23, something to do with the tip over sensor or summin, must have missed a connector or summin somewhere, as she doesnt want to start either, im gunna run through it now.
I’m having this EXACT same issue on my 2001 tl1000r. Put in dealer mode f1 code says c23. Checked my tip over sensor and everything seems good there. Now it says CHEC when I try crank it and still won’t start. Sometimes the fans kick on and sometimes they dont. I’ve checked the kick stand sensor the tip over sensor the starter replaced the battery checked all my fuses and bypassed the starter and still not firing.

·
Registered
431 Posts
If the gauges say CHEC, it does not mean the ECM detected an error or something, it just means the gauge cluster did not receive a (valid) data message from the ECM for more than ~4 seconds. In most case that is because the ECM has no power (missing +12V on O/W). The only other cause for CHEC is an open data wire (B/G) between gauge cluster and ECM, but that does not prevent the bike from getting startet.

Check the usual suspects like kill switch, side stand switch/relay, fuse, gang connectors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts