TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The U.S. mags all suck ass compared to UK magazines - WHY IS THAT?

1. Superbike
2. Fastbikes
3. PB
4. T.W.O. ...etc.

with exception to cyclenews ...everything in the U.S.A is straight up ripped off from the UK mags. The reason I am kind of pissy about this is because i just grabbed a cycleworld that is useless for anything related to sportbike riding - every pic sucks or has already been printed - nothing new to read, other then some old farts one page memory of some topic that sucks .... :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Dunno, I just read MCN which I find to be quite decent:O

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
i agree with you, american bike magazines are horrible! The writers in superbike actually seem like they've been on a motorcycle before, and have something worthwhile to say. Then to top it all off, there's MUCH better photography.

-:banana

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
i love superbikes and the girl every month!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
spudgun said:
maybe us brits should send you guys are copies once we've read them, would the postage work out cheap?

probably would be cheaper, but some of the pages might be stuck together .:laugh ;) :jack

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
crashtd said:
Then to top it all off, there's MUCH better photography.

-:banana
boobies! :drool

I dunno about the postage thing. I seem to remember that my little $10 toe spigot was going to cost $30 to have it shipped from the UK. :banghead

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Ever read Roadracing World? That and MCN (U.S. version, no advertising, black and white...) are pretty good reads. MCN covers all biking and if anything could be for serious mileage hounds,i.e. real riders vs. posers. RRW is for, well, the racing community and has lots of good, interesting material - I don't always agree with everything they say but it's fresh compared to the mainstream US bike press.

And where is John Burns hanging his shingle nowadays? He's pretty funny but not to everyone's taste.

T

·
0 Posts
I agree and disagree...

:stupid

There's only 1 American mag that I subscribe to and read....Road Racing World.....
From the UK I read Streetfighters and a occasional SB or PB...
Let me take it one further....I can't seem to enjoy American bike racing anymore as it's gotten so lopsided. I didn't go to the Mid-Ohio round last month but instead went to the Vintage Days event the week before and saw some great old bikes and some really good racing on equipment that would "scare" me to death to ride "at speed"....
I enjoy the AMA "support" classes(superstock and supersport) as more bikes/riders have a chance of winning, but I can't get enough of WSBK and MotoGP and adjust my
Sunday schedule and Tuesday taping to get what I can get. I'll probably go to the Finals @ Mid-Ohio at the end of the month but I think That I'll enjoy next weekend's racing here in central Ohio more as there is a Super-moto regional at a kart track in Circleville and a Flat-Track race at Scioto Downs horse track just south of Columbus(I might even see a couple of TL powered machines there). If you live close to "Cow-Town" Ohio check them out...September 23rd......Scott

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm glad someome else is sounding off and is tired of Peter Egan and the like = "enthusiasts"[I hate that word]All you read is how "all the little towns have changed" or stopping at cafes',sipping cappucino and talking about his Ducati he probably never rides.The UK mags are by far the best,the OEM's give them the bikes,and you'd swear they don't expect them back in one piece.Performance Bikes and Streetfighters are amongst my favorites.Sorry for the rant,now time for a good hoon.Al
pull2vertical said:
The U.S. mags all suck ass compared to UK magazines - WHY IS THAT?

1. Superbike
2. Fastbikes
3. PB
4. T.W.O. ...etc.

with exception to cyclenews ...everything in the U.S.A is straight up ripped off from the UK mags. The reason I am kind of pissy about this is because i just grabbed a cycleworld that is useless for anything related to sportbike riding - every pic sucks or has already been printed - nothing new to read, other then some old farts one page memory of some topic that sucks .... :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant :rant

·
Who loves you
3,370 Posts
I think you guys are missing the point of Cycle World, it is not a mag just for the hardcore racers and stunters on sportbikes, it is a general motorcycling magazine that covers all types of bikes and motorcycling with more emphasis on Sportbikes, but also dirt and touring. It is well written and well layed out and cost about $1 an issue if you get a subscription. The whole world of motorcycling is not about riding 50% above the speed limit on public roads guys...there is more to it than that. How many buyers of sport touring bikes do you think care who wins in ANY race class?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts