TLZone Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I,m a genuine guy and feel like Knob

http://www.tlzone.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77562

I Have been on the fone to geoff as ive not been on for a while and stumbled on that he,s had a prob with the tl I Sold

i still cant belive it :dowhat

Ive met geoff and what a sound guy ,

I geuinally did not know there was a prob .. and i feel so bad .. its untrue

anyway my bad and will beat me up:banghead

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
:O Yep seen the thread Daz mate :O it's just one of those things , not much more I can say , I feel bad for both of you :yes

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
Poor guy, harsh things them dynos, I can vouch there was nothing wrong with yours Daz I saw it on the Dyno that day, and it was fine on the Welsh rideout.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Don't feel too bad about it Daz, as you said when you sold it you mentioned the zone to him. If you know there was a problem you wouldn't have recomended the site knowing you would get slagged off. I sold my BMW 520I to my ex's brother, I had it for 5 years no trouble then it snapped the cam belt:banghead 2 weeks later. Never did see a penny of the money he owed me though:rant :rant :rant . Sh*t happens.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
it is bad luck big time..... if as susspected it is mains or big ends. you hardly ever get any warning befor they go pop. specially on a v twin as they're so lumpy. just hope the damage is limited to just a few parts. .......:dowhat

·
Registered
110 Posts
OK, for the record, as they say, let me put the record straight!

I'm new here so most of you don't know me. However, Iv'e been around bikes and bikers a long time. I belong to other sites and clubs (I have other bikes) and know how these things cans cause bad feeling so let's be clear.

Am I pissed about the TL dying, yes, of course I am!
Do I blame Daz, no, I certainly do not.

In life things happen, I bought a bike in good faith, you sold it to me in good faith, and that's it. Daz, you should not feel bad, I know you did not mean for this to happen.
Crikey, Iv'e had an aweful lot of bikes over the years, some have been lemons other have been gold - that's the way of things.

Truthfully I don't give a fig, it's a broken bike, that's all, and it can be fixed.
A few months ago I had a heart attack, I got a lump of metal in my heart and take a bunch of tablets every day just to stay alive - that puts things in perspective, believe me!

A couple of years ago my brotherinlaw was T-boned on his Blade and lost his arm.
Can he get a new arm? No, (but the daft git is now looking to how he can ride with one arm!)
Can I get a new motor for the TL? Yes.
This puts things in perspective too. Bikes can be fixed, I love em, but they just ain't that important.

So Daz, forget it mate, if I'm ever up your way you can buy me a beer!

Best to all

Doc
(Geoff)

(BTW, anyone got any bits I might need for sale, let me know)

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Dr. Phibes said:
OK, for the record, as they say, let me put the record straight!

I'm new here so most of you don't know me. However, Iv'e been around bikes and bikers a long time. I belong to other sites and clubs (I have other bikes) and know how these things cans cause bad feeling so let's be clear.

Am I pissed about the TL dying, yes, of course I am!
Do I blame Daz, no, I certainly do not.

In life things happen, I bought a bike in good faith, you sold it to me in good faith, and that's it. Daz, you should not feel bad, I know you did not mean for this to happen.
Crikey, Iv'e had an aweful lot of bikes over the years, some have been lemons other have been gold - that's the way of things.

Truthfully I don't give a fig, it's a broken bike, that's all, and it can be fixed.
A few months ago I had a heart attack, I got a lump of metal in my heart and take a bunch of tablets every day just to stay alive - that puts things in perspective, believe me!

A couple of years ago my brotherinlaw was T-boned on his Blade and lost his arm.
Can he get a new arm? No, (but the daft git is now looking to how he can ride with one arm!)
Can I get a new motor for the TL? Yes.
This puts things in perspective too. Bikes can be fixed, I love em, but they just ain't that important.

So Daz, forget it mate, if I'm ever up your way you can buy me a beer!

Best to all

Doc
(Geoff)

(BTW, anyone got any bits I might need for sale, let me know)
:stupid :hail

·
Registered
224 Posts
I was on a track day at Donington a couple of years back an there was a chap there with no left arm, riding a modified R1 around the track He wasn't slow either. I spoke to him and he said he didn't know what it was like to ride a bike with both arms coz he only learnt after his accident. Fair play to the man I say!!!
So Geoff, encourage the man - it can be done.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
On ya Doc :hail .............. wouldnt mind a beer with ya too ................ but i am on the udder side of de planet :laugh

·
Registered
918 Posts
Micky said:
:hail Dr Phibes , Top Bloke :hail :)
Well put.
Dr Phibes, sounds like you're a true 'zoner':hail

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i know what you mean doc ..
I,m a gen gezza.. well i hope people think so :O

i would not do anything to hurt anyone ..

i,m 100% all the way through .. i could never sell / harm / cause a prob to anyone ..
been beatin me up tho since i heard
i know theres no blame .. but still ...

i feel twat ... a bike i thought was A1 :O and gone **** up ..

and i will feel a twat till day dot ...

hope alll goes well mate .. any thing i can do you know my number

Cheers the twat Daz

·
I was Ukgixxerman
2,072 Posts
things arent too bad daz,try to cheer up a bit. . . . . .just think of poor old me when i bought my black TLS:dowhat:lol:lol:lol

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just don't sell any bikes to people called Jeff, Geoff, Jeffrey etc
But seriously if someone new a bike was a dud would they sell it to someone they knew or reccomend them to a site that they were a member of unless of course they drink Horlicks at night

1 - 19 of 19 Posts