TLZone Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heard on the news that U gyus have the worst forrest fire in 70 years or so and a couple of hundered firefighters working arround the clock:dowhat

hope none of U guys are in the area :scared

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Which State? They're flaring up everywhere at the moment. In South Australia we have a serial fire bug running around.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
i havnt seen anything about fires on the news lately, i commented only the other day how shocked i was that this place hadnt been up in flames yet as it was super hot and windy a few weeks ago.

id say so far its going pretty good aus wide comparing to previous years.

·
Premium Member
7,287 Posts
i havnt seen anything about fires on the news lately, i commented only the other day how shocked i was that this place hadnt been up in flames yet as it was super hot and windy a few weeks ago.

id say so far its going pretty good aus wide comparing to previous years.
:stupid but just dont speak to soon it's not over yet.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
The smoke before Christmas was driving me nuts, it was bad here and I was no where near any fires.

It's hot and windy today.

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
damn that´s why dry summers are bad :banghead but I guess U don´t get much rain down there any time a year :dunno

·
Premium Member
7,287 Posts
damn that´s why dry summers are bad :banghead but I guess U don´t get much rain down there any time a year :dunno
not for 05-06-07 so far :( not sure what exactly the average rain falls are but there well below average. i think everyone is on water restrictions now.
IE: get cought from 8am - 8PM using a garden hose etc. 3 strikes & your out = its a hefty fine.
even have dob in a naghbour GOVERNMENT REVINUE.

even one of the local onion & potato growers i do seasonal work for here tryed to buy water from another grower interstate/further up the murray river. but missed out.

its serious dry down here :yes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts