TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just wanted to know how much rear wheel horse power a standard tlr makes and how much should it make with a power commander full yoshi system and k&n air filter, any help would be very much appreciated as i have my bike at the work shop getting a dyno and wanted to make sure the power seems right, thanks

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Just from reading around, about 106-112 horsepower stock and 112- mid 120's pipe/filter/mapped. Rear wheel usually Dynojet...YMMV

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Bit difficult to answer but I will give it a go. The problem is most dynos read differently from one another, what they are really good for is using the same dyno hopefully on the same day to do back to back comparisons. On gixxer160's race bike over the years I have had over 500 pulls done on the dyno, mostly because we where sponsored by a shop that had a dyno and it was where I worked on the bike so every time I changed something I would roll it across the floor onto the dyno and have it run. It takes 3 pulls to be able to get 1 decent accurate reading. On this particular dyno which is not overly optimistic but I feel is fairly accurate a stock TL makes about 112hp, full system, race air box and tuned to the hilt about 120-122hp. As above with big bore, cams and adjustable verniers and again tweaked about 135-140hp. For reference a 2005 gsxr 1000 with some engine work 160hp, 2009 r1 tuned and tweaked 170, Aprilia rsvr factory 125hp with map 2 and race cans. The above numbers are a dynojet 250 a dynojet 100 is different, a factory pro will read lower as will a superflow because they are not inertia type dynos.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just from reading around, about 106-112 horsepower stock and 112- mid 120's pipe/filter/mapped. Rear wheel usually Dynojet...YMMV
thanks for the fast reply, its making around 112 with the extras and he said that was normal, i rang another guy who also tunes bikes and he told me that they make 125-130 stock and with the extras it should be making around the 135-145 mark, just dont know who to belive.....

·
Registered
236 Posts
thanks for the fast reply, its making around 112 with the extras and he said that was normal, i rang another guy who also tunes bikes and he told me that they make 125-130 stock and with the extras it should be making around the 135-145 mark, just dont know who to belive.....
No way does it or any other TL make 125-130 stock at the rear wheels. I think it was rated 125 at the crank.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
TLS's are sposed to make 125 at the crank (bhp), which is about 112 at the rear wheel (rwhp). The dyno gives you rwhp.

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
My TLS is 114 at the rear wheel and 72ft/lbs . with Quill race pipes, K&N, PCII not custom mapped.

·
Registered
810 Posts
My 2000 TLR is putting out 120 at the rear wheel. This with K&N filter, Blueflame cans and Tekatune only, unless there was more done to it than i know.
Feel good about that! :)
Wonder if there's a few more ponies in it with the various electrical mods?

·
Registered
961 Posts
Stock motor, airbox mod, K&N, full yosh rs3, pcIII custom mapped, 127rwhp 76ft/lb torque:whipping. That was on a dynojet dyno. Dynobike Malton:hail

·
Registered
961 Posts
Did the airbox mod make a big difference Stu?
To be honest, I don't know. The bike was changed from road to track in 1 go, so there was no way to compare each different mod. I would say it's gotta make a difference, when the air can flow freely into the filter with no restrictions.

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
i know this is of topic and may sound a little dumb but for the life of me i can't figure out how to start a thread if some one could point me in the right direction that would be awsome?

·
Registered
961 Posts
the motor has been stock for the last 4 years, it's just got a fast rider on it:coocoo it still is stock, 'til somebody gets their finger out:laugh

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
the older a bike gets, things wear and you "lose" power hence the need to do a rebuild occasionally.

I think to many peeps put too much emphasis on the numbers. Its far better to have the cam timing and fuelling right imo. A better rider will still be faster, on a "low number" bike than you will be on a "big number" bike.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Also, wear can have two effects. If the rings etc wear enough that you loose combustion pressure you can loose power, but as the bearings and gearbox wear they tend to harden and mate with eachother better over time freeing up just a bit of power.

In any event, N2wheelies ran drags on his TLS for years and IIRC at 60k miles there was no sign of the motor slowing down.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i picked up my bike today from the work shop and he only got it up to 118bhp on a dynojet dyno after hearing the results that you guys got i decided to take it to another shop that specializes in suzukis, i get the bike tomorrow so it will be good to see how much difference one persons tune can make

1 - 20 of 22 Posts