TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tye and I are gonna make the 14+ hour trip to the SBN Gap trip and didn’t want to pull a trailer that far so we made a double wheel chock for my truck. It was designed to fit behind my chest box and contain it's own tie down points.

Since I deviated from Tye’s drawing on our first project (hitch hauler) I agreed that he could design this project and we would build it per the plans without any deviations.

Tye had to go out of town this weekend to visit with family so he drew the chock plans in autocad and left it to me to build it to his specs and plans. All was going as planed until Doug stopped by and made a few “suggestions.” We did some brainstorming, tossed ideas back and fourth and then tossed Tye’s plans in the trash. The chock was “slightly” modified from Tye’s original design. :lol (When Tye saw it this morning he immediately called me and said, WTF!? This is NOTHING like what I drew up for you!) :eek:nfloor Tye is a good sport and we busted our asses this afternoon to finish up what I didn't get done yesterday.

This is what we ended up with and is officially finished as of this afternoon. We’ve already drilled the mounting holes into the bed of my truck so once the paint dries we’ll be ready to head East.

Anyway… here it is to those that are interested in this kind of stuff.

With paint

·
Nothing to see here...move along
2,463 Posts
Very nice!!! When can I expect mine :devious

I just have the stock ties in the front corners and eye bolts in the center...front wheels tend to turn and loosen the bike if they're not tightened just right

·
Registered
435 Posts
The first shot with the bikes is funny. It looks like the GSXR with the mirrors back is afraid of the TL next to it!!:laugh :laugh

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
very smooth man. I have an F150 and i had a big plate welded up to the frame and then had 2 big eye hooks installed in the center of the bed. they go throught the bed and through the plate. they shouldnt go anywhere. had them in now for 3 years and carry two bikes in the back of the truck with no problems at all. it happens the tlr is a perfect fit and the tail gate just closes.
i did switch to better corner tie downs though. the stock ford ones were questionable at best. but hey, so far so good!

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Chad and Tye did some nice work. I will have Tye design me one for my trailer so I can build something else. Actually though, the squid squad helps out. I went by and Tye helped me out with the "new" mod on the SV.

:doug

·
Registered
245 Posts
The first shot with the bikes is funny. It looks like the GSXR with the mirrors back is afraid of the TL next to it!!
Nope, it's just that the old Tiller is a little on the WIDE side and I had to close the mirrors in to give her room. I love having a sleak bike that has ALOT of ass and doesn't hit the rev. limiter:hail

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
I love having a sleak bike that has ALOT of ass and doesn't hit the rev. limiter:hail
You'd think it could get away from a little dirt bike....and there isn't an "a" in sleek :doug

·
Nothing to see here...move along
2,463 Posts
Any chance to have measurements posted up for the chock? Cause...basically, I'm lazy (and your looks good!) :)

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,854 Posts
Good job :hail

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I soooooo need to learn to weld ....

:hail TLR's
Same here, I want to have something similar to this;

Bed-Buddy

welded into the front of my trailer;

along with some removable "outriggers" extending from the front corners for tie-down points which would allow me to carry either one bike centered or two bikes without needing to install chocks.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...that's :cool, great job...

·
Registered
245 Posts
needs a coat of matt black paint though
We painted "Hammered Grey" with a spray can. It didn't require primer and it will prevent rust...according to the spray can.Woo Hoo.

It also matched Misfires truck! Matching color=Squid so it will fit right in for the G-Town Squid Squad

You'd think it could get away from a little dirt bike....and there isn't an "a" in sleek
I know, I know. Maybe someday Doug I can get as much track time as you:banghead As far as "sleak" goes...My mind must have been thinking of the oil "LEAK" we had to fix on the Tiller.:laugh Plus, I don't know where the damn spell check is:confused

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Sensitive?

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
So how'd you attach it to the truck?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts