TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems the German TL community are getting their act together to visit Good 'Ol Blighty!

So far there are 10 riders wanting to "visit" during the second half of August in 2020.

Length of stay seems to be various between a long weekend and up to 9 days.

Options are still being discussed but I suspect some contact soon for our assistance.

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
I'm feeling guilty already. Poor ****ers will have to put up with out shit motorway system and heavy congestion everywhere.
God help them. :laugh

·
Registered
794 Posts
Great. If there's anything I can do to help let me know.

·
Premium Member
6,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Talk about feeling guilty - the only area that has had an expression of interest to them so far has been.......................................

wait for it .........................................

Somerset, Dorset, Devon & Cornwall !!!!!!!! :coocoo:banghead:laugh

Talk about a traffic hotspot ...... and in August ...... :confused:dowhat

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Talk about feeling guilty - the only area that has had an expression of interest to them so far has been.......................................

wait for it .........................................

Somerset, Dorset, Devon & Cornwall !!!!!!!! :coocoo:banghead:laugh

Talk about a traffic hotspot ...... and in August ...... :confused:dowhat
Calling crash B calling crash B. :megaphone :megaphone. : lol

·
Premium Member
6,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Would be awesome to see them.... but the trek all the way here and then all the way down to cornwall / devon would be some undertaking.
I'd happily help and there is a TL guy on facebook who has offered us use of their camping premises before.

Would be great to see the germans here!

·
Premium Member
6,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Would be awesome to see them.... but the trek all the way here and then all the way down to cornwall / devon would be some undertaking.
I'd happily help and there is a TL guy on facebook who has offered us use of their camping premises before.

Would be great to see the germans here!

Yea, I did mention to them that they are looking at 500kms from Pupsy's to Calais and then 500 kms from Dover to Cornwall......................... and that May to August the place is awash with caravans on the small roads.

Where (location) was the offer of camping?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Yes, it was for camping. And they had some glamping pods too if I recall. I’ll try and dig up some info!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Dorset Devon and Cornwall they got the right idea South West is lovely, stay off tourists routes no caravans, or cameras, lots of twisties and the weathers better.

Mrmover

·
Premium Member
6,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dorset Devon and Cornwall they got the right idea South West is lovely, stay off tourists routes no caravans, or cameras, lots of twisties and the weathers better.

Mrmover

Stay off the tourist routes? Your having a laugh................

My brother lives near Tintagel and from Exeter onwards all the roads are bloody tourist routes - he hates having to go anywhere when the grockles are about.............

·
Registered
111 Posts
Stay off the tourist routes? Your having a laugh................

My brother lives near Tintagel and from Exeter onwards all the roads are bloody tourist routes - he hates having to go anywhere when the grockles are about.............

I was riding around Bude and Bideford last weekend which was okay, stayed at a campsite near Clovelly was fine and roads were reasonable. Clovelly is beautiful

I went to BMAD festival a few weeks ago in Paignton, and stayed in Torquay which was also fine, where do you suggest ?

·
Premium Member
6,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was riding around Bude and Bideford last weekend which was okay, stayed at a campsite near Clovelly was fine and roads were reasonable. Clovelly is beautiful

............................... and you never invited me or Bob? ........................... miserable git...

·
Premium Member
6,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i think I may have found a decent location................

https://dougiescaravanandcamping.com/

camping, caravans and campervans plus.......

Static caravans for 3 persons or 2 persons and a couple for £50 to £55 per night......

Food and pub on site..

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
It's aong way from Devon and Cornwall, :lol
It's also just a few miles from where my mother used to live in lutton.
Tbh that area has about the worst countryside in the whole of the country.
Flat, boring farmland that smells of cabbages and sprouts. Dykes everywhere and usually mud all over the roads from all the tractors.
Apart from that it looks fine. :thumbup :laugh

·
Premium Member
6,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I thought the area between Spalding, Nottingham, Northampton and Ely was supposed to have decent roads to run on?

Also a run out to Sunny Hunny!

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
I thought the area between Spalding, Nottingham, Northampton and Ely was supposed to have decent roads to run on?

Also a run out to Sunny Hunny!
It's not bad the other side of Spalding to Oakham and market harborough way. But that's probably around 50 miles from there. The bit between there and Peterborough way is all flat farmland in the fens. Not too bad further north above Boston though.

·
Premium Member
6,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So that would give you an area to sort out some ride outs in then?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts