TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gas is $1.87 a gallon for .87 octane.

I thought it would not get down below $2.00 but I'm glad it has. Now.. My problem is I wish I had a storage place for it. I could load up on it while it's cheap that is if I had a few hundred hundred dollars to play with.

Anyways, if I was to store some how long should I store it for? I'm thinking less than three months tops.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
The oil refiners here sell it off cheap to third party sellers if they have it stored for 3 weeks.
I couldn't say how long they expect it to last after that:O

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I keep gas longer than that in my gas powered equipment.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Yep,I imagine just about anybody does at some stage
I just threw it in for reference:)

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
3 months should be ok.

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
You can store it for 2 years if enough Stabil is added. :devious

You just warmed yourself up with your water feature. Start digging that unauthorized non permitted underground fuel tank :lol

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
You can store it for 2 years if enough Stabil is added. :devious

You just warmed yourself up with your water feature. Start digging that unauthorized non permitted underground fuel tank :lol
if sometime next year in Colorado u see a Very far mushroom of fire in the sky and later u heard a BOOOOM...u probebly just whitnesed Del's back yard fule tank explodein Virginia.... :coocoo:laugh

Ash

·
Registered
283 Posts
:dowhat

In Germany one liter (95 octane) costs 1.16 euro. Thats the very low price. In summer it was 1.55 euro.

1.16 euro means $1.46 for a liter. A gallon is 3.78 liter.

In Germany and most countries in Europe, you have to pay $5.52 for a gallon.

I don't understand your question.

·
Registered
191 Posts
In Germany and most countries in Europe, you have to pay $5.52 for a gallon.

I don't understand your question.

The yanks never had to worry about the price of fuel like us ya see - sure that's why they never learned to build a proper engine in the first place.

"more cubes, more cubes"

Economical over there is 7km/litre!!

:laugh:laugh

*crap - sorry guys, forgot I'm a newb on this board (I'm around ages of most other cycle forums I check), didn't mean to come accross as the cheeky new guy, no disrespect meant, just havin' a laugh. :thumbup

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's all good. I have no idea how you guys afford to live over there. The Pay must be a lot better than here.

Ash funny :laugh

I'm going to look into buying sometype of holding maybe a 55 gallon barrel to fill while it's cheap. I can't see it staying this cheap for very long.

·
Registered
159 Posts
i have a 55 gal drum in my garage. you shouldnt really worry about explosion unless you just put it in a bucket. if its in a GROUNDED sealed metal container, you should be ok. theonly thing i would consider is evaporation. like said above, just dd some stabil, and you're all good

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Its not so much more pay as a lower standard of living for the average person Dell. Our median pay in the US is very nearly the highest in the world. Even fairly wealthy professors at Oxford don't live as well (less nice cars, smaller houses, much smaller yards) as you do from what I've seen. Count your blessings:)

·
Registered
206 Posts
I live in Vancouver Canada,
Gas 6 months ago was $1.50 per litre and the US dollar was almost at par,
That was about $5.67 per gallon(US or Canadian dollar was the same).
Now we just got under the $1.00 per litre but our dollar is the shits at $0.80 US.
So it is now $3.76 per gallon, which is still $3.00 per gallon in US dollar.
Everyone here is happy with that price,

·
Registered
191 Posts
It's all good. I have no idea how you guys afford to live over there. The Pay must be a lot better than here.
After you factor in expenses we don't have, such as massive college fees (state funded) and health insurance (state service is reasonably good, so private insurance is very much voluntary), there are probably more, but that's all that comes to mind at the moment - it works out pretty much the same.

No matter what way you look at it, they give you money into one hand, and take it back out of the other, just the same as everywhere else. :kicknuts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
No matter what way you look at it, they give you money into one hand, and take it back out of the other, just the same as everywhere else. :kicknuts
maybe you should learn to hide it in your back pocket :devious that way you don't "give" so much back.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Count your blessings:)

I do... everyday that I'm broke with no money to buy lunch for one full week while at work.

I say...at least I have something to take for lunch. It could be worse.

I'm thankful for what little i call mine but in essence none of it's mine. The house I pay just to live in while I'm here. My kids will sell it, tear it done etc one day. What is the point in owning anyways/ The land will either be sold as well by the kids, or some health center and the county fight over it.

Then again, I could need medical attention when I get old and my wife is force to sell everything to toss me into a nursery home where I'll be sucked dry until all assets or claimed and she's flat broke, then they will not take care of me so I'll die. I have a plan not to allow that to happen though. My only worry is is it a form of suicide? That is if I refuse medical treatment in my old years.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
Shit dude
:stupid

Family, Job, House, Health, Vehicles & WTF you have to take your lunch to work? Toys for the kids, clothes on you back etc, live in the land of the free, etc ,etc..

Come on Del, you should be concentrating on what you do have, not what you don't have. You should spend less time worrying about what others have that you don't have.

Maybe think about what you do have that others don't.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts