TLZone Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys a while ago i posted how war eagle dicked me out of 400 bones but it looks like i am wrong. i finally received my TLRR tailsection and soloseat cover. it was sent out of africa instead of florida where they are now currently based:O .

looking at it in person i am suprised at how heavy it is, it is made from chopped matt glass(very thick too) instead of the woven stuff you normally see on parts so that explains it and i kinda count that as a downer in my book as the chopped strand matt isn't exactly known for strength. also it looks wider in person than i thought it would be i think it is wider at the back of the seat by almost an inch at each side BUT the vertical height of it is a lot less and of course that ugly wart of a solo seat cover is gone:)

okay i guess i am happy i finally got the damn thing considering i ordered it back in april. but still am pissed it took so long and don't plan on doing anymore business with wareagle considering the total lack of any type of customer support they showed. repeated phone calls and emails were never responded too. at least i don't have to spend money on that R1 tailsection i was thinking of fitting too my bike. looks like it is back to the workshop for me to get this thing fitted.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
I'm glad it finally showed up for you - probably seemed like an early Christmas surprise. If you asked around here in advance you were probably warned about War Eagle.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...now the fun part, trying to get it to fit well(I hope you won't be doing to much of this...:banghead)...

·
Banned
5,308 Posts
That Hammerit bodywork always looked nice on the web, but I had a chance to see it in person once, really heavy.
Like a heavy pig needs heavy bodywork.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no kidding van, i seriously think this thing weighs AT LEAST 2 times more than the stocker does. as to it's fitment i am not too horribly worried as i plan on playing chop suey with my stock subframe to get a little more seat angle and try to find a way to hide the lower support bars from view as much as possible.

weight don't concern me too muchsince i have jettisoned so much weight anyway i know i am still at least around 25-35 pounds light than stock. plus i don't see no track time on this beast.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
i told you it would be heavy and thick =P
i have the tls version and i will be making the mold for that =)

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
any pics :dunno

P

·
0 Posts
i told you it would be heavy and thick =P
i have the tls version and i will be making the mold for that =)
I have the full front fairing and noticed that it was harder to wheelie the TL once I put it on...

Ive actually been thinking of ordering some or your TLR fairings to replace the TLRR.

But Im low on cash, so Im holding my thumbs you will continue to have them in your orderbook.
(All money goes into the "new car fund" atm)

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Putteliten, if you don't want your TLRR fairings I'm quite happy to swap for my standard ones (especially now you've made them fit properly!!).....

P

·
0 Posts
Putteliten, if you don't want your TLRR fairings I'm quite happy to swap for my standard ones (especially now you've made them fit properly!!).....
Im a honest dude, and wouldnt do a thing like that to you ;)

They fit "propely" by force. I havent changed anything. All you need is musclepower (and patience) to fit them... :laugh

Thanks for the offer though. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts