TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its not for me, its for my little brother.

Bought it for his birthday, and I was not too impressed by it.

Retail is only $400ish, a lot cheaper compare to other brand that offers carbon fiber shell.

and I bought it from a Power Seller on ebay for $294. pretty damn good deal.

here are a few pictures and more comments afterward

well, construction wise is pretty good, I love their visor mechanisum, its solid and the quick release is just fabulous. I like their old design, but this one is even better. My brother used to have their CL-14, and I really like it's visor mechanism.

He wore it for 2 weeks, he said venting has a little bit improvement over he's old CL-14, padding materials and strap design got better. But what bothers me is its not as light as I thought.
They advistise to be pretty damn light, but compare to his CL-14, its actually a tag heavier.

Maybe his helmet is in Large shell, so it didn't impressed me at all since my Suomy SpecR is much lighter.

Consider its only $294, I guess its pretty good. It looks great under the sun, and you can tell the carbon fiber weave were hand laid by those Korean ladies, its not perfect, and the rezin has some residue in it. Maybe they will have some improvment in the following years

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...typically HJC is a cheaper brand of helmet - I wouldn't buy a carbon version from them...

Good review though...

·
Registered
676 Posts
I bought 12 helmets for $10 a piece brand new. Granted they are all AGV full face helmets with flip up visors. All of them were Snell 90 and 95 approved.

A friend of mine worked for a NYPYM program (not sure of the spelling) and they had over 3,000 helmets donated to the group! The NYPYM group though is offroad only riding and therefore could not use them. I also got a few STRADA helmets that are I think a cheaper brand of AGV. All have good ratings and seem to be pretty decent for $10 a piece. I have 3 helmets away as gifts, I still have I think 7 left. Might try to airbrush some cool stuff on a few of them! I said "try".

·
Registered
967 Posts
TLS_Addict said:
I bought 12 helmets for $10 a piece brand new. Granted they are all AGV full face helmets with flip up visors. All of them were Snell 90 and 95 approved.

A friend of mine worked for a NYPYM program (not sure of the spelling) and they had over 3,000 helmets donated to the group! The NYPYM group though is offroad only riding and therefore could not use them. I also got a few STRADA helmets that are I think a cheaper brand of AGV. All have good ratings and seem to be pretty decent for $10 a piece. I have 3 helmets away as gifts, I still have I think 7 left. Might try to airbrush some cool stuff on a few of them! I said "try".

come mate!

Share the LOVE!! how to get them free or maybe for $10??!

·
Registered
676 Posts
BBorges, the guy sold all of them. Actually I gave my buddy one today, he stopped by with his brand new CAN AM 800....all I can say OMG! For a 4-wheeler that thing runs like a raped ape! Now I am down to only 6 left....all of which are black, white or maroon.....my dad has spoken for 2 of those as well.

Sorry, the next time I have the opportunity to talk to the guy I will make sure I get hundreds of them.....ebay watch out!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts