Upside Down Super Mod,
29,854 Posts
Have you got some new boots now Les? :laugh

(Lasse will have a handbag I'm sure).

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Part time model is better...

Love that show, i have a little more respect for the sheep shaggers because of it :laugh

Gotta love the posters in murry's office too.....

New Zealand........ ROCKS
New Zealand........ COOL
New Zealand........ WHY NOT
New Zealand........ IT'S NOT PART OF AUSTRALIA :hail :laugh

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Great picture, that's quite a critter you found there!

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
Have you got some new boots now Les? :laugh

(Lasse will have a handbag I'm sure).
yeah that would match my underwear :devious

·
Registered
963 Posts
WoW what big teeth u have

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Uhm, looking at that little boat and thinking back to the first pic... are there any crocs in that water? :dowhat Even if they don't bother you once you're in I wouldn't look forward to launching it. :coocoo

Cool pics, btw :thumbup

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Great pics as ever Les ......... I shudder to think how close you were to that croc :dowhat Mind you, probably better being that close to the croc than Lasse .... :devious :laugh :laugh

Z-cars ...... Zodiac, Zephyr ....... or Consul :dowhat :banghead

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Uhm, looking at that little boat and thinking back to the first pic... are there any crocs in that water? :dowhat Even if they don't bother you once you're in I wouldn't look forward to launching it. :coocoo

Cool pics, btw :thumbup

Great pics as ever Les ......... I shudder to think how close you were to that croc :dowhat Mind you, probably better being that close to the croc than Lasse .... :devious :laugh :laugh

Z-cars ...... Zodiac, Zephyr ....... or Consul :dowhat :banghead
A MkII Zephyr by the look of it.
When the croc jumped up out of the water,around two feet away,i only got a shot of part of it,maybe a foot from the edge of the boat :laugh
Australia has the biggest saltwater crocs in the world so you have to be careful in any tidal estuaries etc.
They found most of some guy inside a big croc over on Cape York a while back,he had gone to check his crab pots and wham.
The word is they grab you,take you down for the death roll then stash you under a submerged log or under a bank so you rot,then come back when you are done.
Even at lagoons and billabongs it pays to be no closer than a few metres from the water edge.

So anyway i was riding along this morning and going past the air museum it was not hard to spot a Harvard (T6 Texan)with a NZ registration parked to the side,i detoured in as you do,the owner was present and a talker :lol like myself,yes he had lived in PNG also so knew first hand of the warbirds in the jungle,had been to the Lake Wananka airshow and knew of Ardmore close to where i lived so it was gas bag city for close to an hour,top chap. :thumbup
Very nice airplane and had been flown up from Cessnock/NSW probably well over 3000 kms away,imported from NZ in the 1980's (iirc) i should have asked if rear seat flights were on the cards in the future :banghead

Some pics for Josh.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Great pictures Les:hail That's one fine looking airplane:drool I still can't get over how light and smooth the controls are - a 172 feels like driving a dump truck by comparison:laugh

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Wow, I've never seen one of those in the air!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts