TLZone Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
High winds knocked her over...

:banghead :banghead I'm in the process of relocating homes. ...and I had to leave my baby in the elements...covered, and on a rear stand. Well, I came back from Yokosuka today..to my new home in Fuji.. and found her laying on her side!!!!

Cosmetics look okay, scraped the right pazzo and bar ends. I think along the slider and the cover all else should be ok.

I didn't try to start her, just pushed her beside the car and waiting for the winds to die down and the rain to stop.

...anything I need to look for/check since I don't know how long she was down for? couldn't smell any liquids...but that could be due to the high winds.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,859 Posts
Maybe check the airbox for oil.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Also, in the future, always take the cover off if there's to be much wind, it makes a huge difference.

If you want to be really on the save side you could turn the motor over a couple of times by hand to be sure that oil hasn't made its way past the cylinders. You can use the ignition cover access point or you can put it in 6th gear and spin it via the rear wheel.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
That sucks dude :( nothing vital bent, like rads?
Luckily, where I park my bike is around a mess of houses and trees and shit so it'll never get the full force of any wind ... touch wood :dowhat

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
The same thing happen to my Ole GS750EC. Had it on the center stand with a cover on it, high winds knocked it over into the side of my car cracking the wind screen I had on it. :banghead Those covers can collect a lot of wind, like a sail. I never realized -short of a hurricane- it could push over a 525 lb bike.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice. I turned it over a couple times and ran it for about 2 min today and will check the airbox when I get the chance. :thumbup

...noted other damage also today! :rant the upper is tweeked..there is about a half in gap now on the left side between the intake covers and the upper fairing. And she has a small dime sized hole on the right front of the upper; easily repairable, but I may just buy another. I'm picky that way. I'll replace everything that's damaged, including the scuffed slider.

I had the cover bungee rapped and tied around mid section at the junction of the tank and the seat. I also had the mirrors with small bungee raps and the wheels were short cable locked. Everything was intact when I picked her up the cover actually blew away and ripped as I was undoing all the bungees and locks!!...

·
Registered
947 Posts
And she has a small dime sized hole on the right front of the upper; easily repairable, but I may just buy another. I'm picky that way. I'll replace everything that's damaged, including the scuffed slider.
That's rough. I just went through the same issue. Mine was beyond repair so I bought a damaged one - a small hole in it, repaired it and had it painted. Just got it back and it looks great. It'll be going on tomorrow :) As for the slider - I'll be replacing that too. Good luck with yours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts