TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 334 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a set of 2006 CBR 1000 injectors that I will be installing on my race bike. Through a fire prone experiment of running two TLR and the two CBR injectors at the same time into 20 ounce water bottles I was able to check their flow. Even though the CBR injectors are designed for a cylinder with half the capacity they flow 15% more than the TLR units. They are the same size, weigh a little less and are in the same ohm range as the TLR injectors. They even use the same connector and the TLR sealing o-rings fit them.
The reason I want to swith to the CBR injectors is that they are 12 pin instead of 4 pin. While running them into the bottles you could see the streams of fuel from the TLR units and only a mist from the CBR units. Better atomized fuel = more power.... Correct..???

I will be getting a wide band powercommander to help dial in the map before I go and get the bike dyno tuned. Should I have an oxygen sensor bung in each header to tune them seperatley. How far from the heads should the o2 sensor be. should I just put it after the collector.

Also I already have a pc II, does that model have the ability to adjust each cylinder or is that only a pc III feature....

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
pm ffastspector ?

he can reprogram the std cpu and that would be a much better option

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yeah, get yourself a couple of bungs, put them in about a forearms length from the valve, so the front one under the sump, the rear one about the same distance from the valve. Pretty sure you'll need the PCIII to tune each cylinder separately. In the PCIII software, it's called an 'advanced map' iirc, see if your software has an option to convert a map to that type.

There's a cable you can get from them which allows you to plug the WBC and PCIII together, and then into the screen. All it does is take (looking at the male 10 pin plug that goes into the WBC with the wires away from you, pins towards) the bottom row, 2 left most pins, and wires them into the two previously unused wires coming from the screen harness. Blue and brown iirc, blue is closest to the end of the plug, brown is second one in. Just means the screen shows (and datalogs) the AFR rather than the raw 0-5v output that you'd have to convert anyway. Screen isn't that interesting, as you've already got a gauge, but if you're self tuning like that, the data logger is a boon (although the WBC has a logger built in too, just easier with the screen as you can swap SD cards in and out of it :))

·
Registered
326 Posts
Keep us posted!:eatcorn

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
I read somewhere that injectors usually are designed around the head. So it's possible that you don't gain anything.

Greetings
Rufer

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
video please !

·
Registered
802 Posts
A 12 hole injector will make the motor more efficient but it will no produce more power.
What you will get is les hydrocarbon emissions , better MPG , probably a smoother idle and better cold starting.

By atomizing the fuel better you need les of it to burn with the available air.
The thing that limits the power of an engine is the amount of oxygen you can get into the combustion chamber, adding fuel is the easy bit

Just my 2 cents worth

·
Registered
935 Posts
What you will get is les hydrocarbon emissions , better MPG , probably a smoother idle and better cold starting.
Those points are enough to make me consider the same mod. Interesting, especially the better MPG.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I have the PC3USB, WBC, LCD & HUB I only have the one bung on the front could not see that the front would be that big of a difference to back. If you’re going to get WBC & PC3USB you should get LCD for a few more $$$ make your life so mush simpler. I only got the hub as a gear position and rev limiter light if you would like me to flick a darter file off to you let me know. There are some good treads Kamikuza called Handy calculation table for WBC and PCIII mapping and hooked up, hooked in and hooked on gadgets

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will take some pictures of the injectors and of them installed. The bike ran very rich even with the yosh box tuning to -10 across the board. I figured for the extra $15 for a weld in bung I would put one in each cylinder to help get the most out of the bike... I am still building the engine right now so we will see how this goes on the race bike....

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yup, for the extra few bucks (I brought one last week, $6 from jcmotors.com iirc), you might as well know rather than guess.

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,414 Posts
The TLS injectors are 450cc/min @41PSI

Does anybody know what make/body size they are and if any other bikes/cars run similar/larger duty injectors ?

I'm looking for something around 600cc/min otherwise I'll end up at about 125% duty cycle which is too much.

I don't want to buy new ones from RCengineering etc if there is a production model out there with just what I need ?

BTW, TLR stock are 225cc/min (bosch design3 Style)

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
You have to be careful when selecting them though, some of the higher flowing ones have terrible spray patterns... e.g. the 13B-T ones are 550cc, but their pattern is crap, which means crap atomisation, and thus richer (and thus larger) injectors are required (to do the same job). Anywhere that properly cleans injectors and thus tests the pattern afterwards also will be able to tell you which ones to avoid.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ever think about splitting the injection harness to run two injectors per cylinder. An extra TLR injector per cylinder would give you a flow rate of 625cc at 100% duty cycle.

The TLS injectors are 450cc/min @41PSI

Does anybody know what make/body size they are and if any other bikes/cars run similar/larger duty injectors ?

I'm looking for something around 600cc/min otherwise I'll end up at about 125% duty cycle which is too much.

I don't want to buy new ones from RCengineering etc if there is a production model out there with just what I need ?

BTW, TLR stock are 225cc/min (bosch design3 Style)

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
IIRC the 850cc ones are the secondary injectors on the 13B-T, but I could remember wrong:confused

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,414 Posts
Ever think about splitting the injection harness to run two injectors per cylinder. An extra TLR injector per cylinder would give you a flow rate of 625cc at 100% duty cycle.
I like the sound of that.....I can soon make a shower injector mount :thumbup

Would the TLS ECU have the power to run two injectors per feed :confused

1 - 20 of 334 Posts