TLZone Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ya, so i am looking into doing this, but the links to the products are all dead. i have seached the thread and i understand most of it, but i a still confused on a couple parts, and can't check which ones every one's been buying :(. if my understanding is correct:

2 these: or These: are basicly all i need to buy other then the clear lense correct? there is no mounting brackets or wierd stuff with those, they fit in the original right?

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE ME, and thank you for the link earlyer CWBethel

·
Registered
371 Posts
The factory light is 2 parts. It splits down the middle (front/rear halves). The clear lens you see is also a component of the housing. Part of it is painted in order that light is emitted only from the front fascia.

You will need to cut the lens out of the housing, leaving some material on the edges to bond the lens to. A dremel is a great tool for this.

Using those kits, you are correct. It screws into the section that the factory bulb mounts. The large egg-shaped part goes in the front, where you trinned the factory lens out.

You will have to fab brackets for the ballasts or be creative in finding a location to mount them.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
The second link is the one I was sent to when I did this mod and was thinking of doing HID/Halos... I ended up not doing the HID, but just wanted to let you know that most people were getting that exact kit, from that exact seller in your second link (seller auto_sky).

I just kept my H4 SilverStar bulbs and built little reflectors to stop the direct light/heat... I think the projectors/halos/HID may look a bit better at times, but all the extra wiring, etc... wasn't for me.

You will need a clear lens, tools, and PATIENCE... it's not an easy mod, but the most rewarding one I have done myself.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Good luck.I ended up with some cheap ones and one bulb was faulty,one projector switches hi/low when ever it wants and the light is terrible.I will buy some good kit again.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, thank you guyz

·
Registered
877 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that kits are all made in china from what i can tell, maybe thats wrong, anyway i went with this one because i need the green angle eyes to match the green glow on my bike, it's cheaper so if it works i'll b happy xP

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my favorite part of his write up on the auction :

"Advantages of Bi-xenon Projector Lens Light
· Easy installation, unnecessary damage the headlight"

i am gonna hope that that's just bad translation...

·
Registered
877 Posts
This kit looks just like the one i bought and like the one in the link i posted,it has a different package though.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yup, all the same thing, all from china, unless u wanna get real pricy

·
Registered
877 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
877 Posts
This has the same package like the hids direct kits have.Anyway.They seem like they are the same but with different price.Thanks.

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
What?? :confused

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
janet - get the fcuk out of here

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Scammer