TLZone Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i started wiring my hid projectors and i realized the ballast's are nice and shiny and displayable.... if i could find a spot to show them off just a touch, anyone mounted them on a visible spot on the frame or is that a bad plan?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Was a pain in the butt to hide under the fairing,wouldn't know where to mount them to be seen atleast I don't see one looking at my bike.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya, actaully thats a good point, speacially with my bike parked in a campus lot

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
Easy enough to bolt htem down with security screws. Do you have cast finned covers? Usually the Phillips ballasts are pretty ugly IMHO.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they are digital slim ballasts, they have a chrom-ish look to them

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you decide to put them out to be seen, make sure they are water proof, it might be a long ride home if they short out on a rainy night.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I mounted my ballast (only have hid on low beam, euro headlight) vertically next to the gauge bracket, behind the right ram air tube cover. Doesn't get wet and you can't see it. It's nothing to show IMHO :O

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I sprayed my slim line ballast boxes with flat black paint and tucked them under headlight assembly that way that little gap under headlight assembly wont show them if you looked really hard...I am just funny about that stuff....it has to be perfect or it will bug me....I have a Euro Projector Headlight assembly and YES I put HID's in BOTH sides low and high...YES I have a flash to pass Euro set of switch/handcontrols and NO it does not cause a problem the 3-4 times a year I actualy switch to high beam or use flash to pass.....so before anyone starts posting up about HID's are not for high beam...CHILLL....it's my bike...I paid for them....I have to live with them if there is a problem....and YES they work perfectly! The ballast boxes respond very very quickly so no problem.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I sprayed my slim line ballast boxes with flat black paint and tucked them under headlight assembly that way that little gap under headlight assembly wont show them if you looked really hard...I am just funny about that stuff....it has to be perfect or it will bug me....I have a Euro Projector Headlight assembly and YES I put HID's in BOTH sides low and high...YES I have a flash to pass Euro set of switch/handcontrols and NO it does not cause a problem the 3-4 times a year I actualy switch to high beam or use flash to pass.....so before anyone starts posting up about HID's are not for high beam...CHILLL....it's my bike...I paid for them....I have to live with them if there is a problem....and YES they work perfectly! The ballast boxes respond very very quickly so no problem.
You ok? :laugh Yeah use em for high beam. In another thread I just mentioned that they tend not to like being turned on/off without warming up. No personal experience of failure, just what I've read.

+1 on the mounting. Tuck em away from prying eyes. I've got mine under the headlight housing as well.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
lol...I know I know....I just wanted to squash the back talk....I know what you mean they do like to warm up to be full bright but for a 3-4 times a year I have to do a flash to pass it's fine....I don't over use it...just wanted to have it in case I wanted it instead of flicking the lo to hi button/switch then back again to lo so flash to pass is easier...I do love my Hid's though

1 - 12 of 12 Posts