TLZone Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.. I'm new to the forum.

I've got a 1997 tl 1000s and live in the north east of the uk. It's got gsxr750 k5 forks with tls yokes a ohlins rear damper and akrapovic cans other than that its standard.

It doesn't have a stearing damper fitted at the moment but did come with an original stearing damper but I don't like the look of it. I'm after a ohlins stearing damper that fits across the tank 916 style. The only one I can find from that era is for the gsxr750 srad .. Will this one fit ?? Or can some one suggest an alternative.

Also on the rear seat lock bracket there is a sensor / relay / switch that has a rubber tube coming off it. What's the relay for and where is the tube supposed to go as mine is just stuffed behind the cdi

Regards Dave

·
Registered
264 Posts
If it is an orginal kit from Ohlins (SD XXX) for a GSX-R 750 1996, it will fit. I had one of those bought together with a TL1000s kit (SD146). The GSX-R kit fitted and worked. One slight modification needs to be made, a spacer at the piston end of the damper.
GSX-R kit:

TL1000s kit:

cheers

·
Registered
4,073 Posts

Also on the rear seat lock bracket there is a sensor / relay / switch that has a rubber tube coming off it. What's the relay for and where is the tube supposed to go as mine is just stuffed behind the cdi

Regards Dave
Welcome to the forum Dave! :thumbup

The sensor in question is the Atmospheric Pressure (AP) Sensor. The short tube does not connect to anything, since the purpose of the sensor is to detect atmospheric pressure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the information. The ohlins kit I'm looking is for the 1996 gsxr750wt.

The code is SD001 + 2010/709. So this kit will fit the TLS with a small modification which is great news. I cant seem to locate any ohlins fitting kits for the TLS so I'll go ahead and buy the gsxr750 kit
The thing I've noticed is there isn't many threads used on the top yoke nut, due to the thickness of the damper mounting bracket

Thanks for the answer to my second question. It's an air pressure sensor.
Many thanks

Regards Dave

·
Registered
264 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi..Yes i noticed the sprint damper on ebay yesterday.. Looks a bit tired and stuff on there always seems to go for top dollar. i would rather buy a damper new so will keep searching for a ohlins sd146 or sd142 fitting kit and buy a new damper or if that proves impossible ill go down the hyperpro route as they look cool.... but which dampers - SCS or RSC??????

If anyone on the forum has a ohlins TLS fitting kit for sale please pm me..

regards dave

·
Registered
3,463 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
May take a look at one of those myself.
Dave I am near you (Leyburn) so handy for a meet up from time to time and get some v twin noise round the Yorkshire roads. Hoping to get out a lot more next year. Will be doing a few things to my tls over winter

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts