TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I'm the bloke who recently bought a 97 TLS from another member on this site (Daz, Snipe - very decent chap) and he kindly pointed me in the direction of you guys. I have a few questions (of course!) about the bike that I'm hoping some of you will be able to help me with but I'll post these seperately - coz I tend not to post often on these things but ramble on when I do. So in the spirit of introductions and all that here's a bit about me.

I'm old git from 'doon sowf' (Southampton) and I first got in the saddle when you didn't have to wear a lid! I ride all year round and presently own two other bikes, an old GSX600 which is my commuter/hack and VL800 Volusia (cruiser) which I use for rallys/shows throughout the season (won Best in Show, Mag Southern Region Bike Show 2004). As you can see, unlike many bikers these days I lack the style myopia that seems to have become prevelant in recent years - I like all kinds of bikes for all kinds of reasons (I also have plans for a V-max and a Royal Enfield). I suppose, if pressed, I'd have to say drag racing is what I like most (watching, that is, rather than doing these days) but, hmmmm, then again --- BTW anyone know what the standing quarter for TLS/R is? Stock and/or modded?

Anyway I better stop here, I'm starting to go on a bit again, just like to say it's great to find so many dedicated TL owners and if there is any in my vicinity, or thereabouts, it would be great to meet up some time (get in touch).

Best

Geoff
(aka Dr Phibes)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Sorry your post was too long for me to read.. Us american not too bright.. so heres to you new guy...:bigfinger

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
:bigfinger welcome Doc.

Everything you need about the TL is here, and some

Our resident drag racer would be Mr. N2Wheelies:yes ......... send him a pm

Beaza

·
Registered
909 Posts
Hi there, not far from me, got a great local meet point on monday this way, lee on solent, the red lion pub. Free burgers if early there :)

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Alright Geoff?
Welcome to the zone :bigfinger

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
a doctor in the house eh.. could come in handy :yes :laugh

welcome to the nut house :bigfinger

oh ok.. you might notice i no longer have a TL.. they try to get rid of me but i just aint going!!!! :lol

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
:bigfinger welcome to the madhouse :banana

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
tinyUK said:
they try to get rid of me but i just aint going!!!! :lol
:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Tankslappa said:
:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

if i left schlappa who would come round and drink all your coffee and eat all your ice creams eh! who?? :laugh

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
And all the Bacon. And dent our garage door
But purely and simply because you deflect missiles away from me, shot by the kids (and I include triker in that), I'll let you stay :laugh

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Uh ha, it's handy to have Tiny around to deflect explosions, tracer rounds etc. :)

:bananaWELCOME Dr. Phibes:banana :bigfinger ...hope you have a grand time here, luckily we're not a bunch of web-addicts - as you can tell by slappa and tiny's comments, we do actually meet up from time to time.:yes

enjoy! :thumbup

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts
If your ever up near York gimme a shout and I'll put the kettle on...

BTW Welcome :bigfinger

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Welcome :bigfinger
Daz metioned you might be in touch!
GSX 600 eh? I used to have a black one of those until it got totalled head-on by a car. Sold it to Blacks as 'scrap' for £600 and it turned up down south a few months later in red!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks a lot guys for the warm welcome! Nice to see a few tLers in my vicinity too.

M3NF, yes, I heard about the meet over Solent way, never got over there (for no particular reason). Usually do Poole a few times through the season and, occasionally, have done West Meon on Sunday's (not for a while though). It would be great to meet up one Monday - let me know, any others?

Northern contingent - yes, absolutely I will let you know when up your way - I like Yorkshire tea too!!1 :)

Oh, and the doctor thing? Yes, I am a 'real' doctor, but an academic one I'm afraid (university lecturer in philosophy) so sorry chaps but, no, I won't be able to give you any free medical advice! :) - (although I might be able to tell you why motorcycling is necessary and, perhaps, even sufficient for a good and fulfilling life!! he he he :))

Best

Doc
(aka, Geoff, the abominable (but quite nice really) Dr. Phibes)

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Ohhhhh i see... not a real Doctor you say.. i guess thats like me not being a real gynecologist but being willing to take a look :O :devious :laugh :laugh

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
Welcome to the Zone Doc :bigfinger

Having ridden your new bike a couple of times, I can tell you its sits nicely balanced on the rear wheel. :devious

Only joking. :laugh

Hope you enjoy it as much as Daz did. :thumbup

1 - 20 of 46 Posts