TLZone Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above really hello i'm steve living in u.k had some problems with my tl (still having problems) and come across this site and found it very usefull, so i thought i'd best join.

Allthough i've never used forums before (at 27 disgraceful aint it) so any tips would be nice ,so please bear with me if i make a few mistake's

anyways i live in licolnshire ,biking capitol of england and this summer i parted company with my old faithful zxr750 and decided to go down the twin route of life.

cut a long story short i ended up with a 98 tl1000s which i love, i got it very cheap so its not short of a few problems, 3rd gear is buggered which i'm waiting to sort when weather gets bad, aint a problem cause i got a fresh set of gears and lay shafts sat on the bench ready to go in.

The biggest problem i have is the low speed running to be frank it runs like crap below 3000rpm ,backfiring,cutting out,surging,etc etc i,ve done a number of things but i will get to the bottom of it, but will post a thread about it on the teccy page

Well thats a bit about me, hope to make some friends and hope to help a few people out with my knowledge of the 2 and 3 wheeled variety

Best regards to all Steve...

·
Registered
256 Posts
:bigfinger

welcome to the fold. Im sure someone here will be able to point you in the right direction. Theres a huge wealth of knowledge here.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Welcome:clap

For the low speed running, probably best to start with the simple maintence stuff - fresh plugs, TB's synced, valves properly adjusted, TPS set etc. As delivered from Mr.Suzuki they could be a touch rough at lower rpms but not bad at all. A good fuel map cleared up most of that, but you'd want to get the major issues sorted before diving into the fueling.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Welcome :bigfinger
There are tons of goodies also to add to your bike that you can find here.

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
welcome onboard Steve :bigfinger

·
Registered
918 Posts

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,859 Posts
I'm sorry, TLZ has filled it's quota of Steve's. Hoo Roo. ;)

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
Another F'n steve! :banghead

welcome :bigfinger

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks everyone

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you can always call me "cat" if theirs too many steves..,.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nah not car stevens its a old tv character called catweasle that most my buddys call me cause i used to have a great big beard, the beard's gone but the name stuck lol

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I think we need more "Dougs". It's always good to have a spare Steve though. i keep one in the trunk. That way, if I lose one, I don't have to back and look for it, I just pop the trunk, grab my spare Steve and away I go.

Seriously though, use the search function, it'll help sort all kinds of proplems.

You sound like the throttle bodies need to be synced (there's a video in the file vault) and if she stumbles then you're probably a candidate for a TRE.

welcome :bigfinger from SoCal,

C

·
Registered
4,456 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Steve's rule its a FACT ,,,

anyone know how to route my breathers when i ditch the pair system i found a few diag's but their all different mines a 98 with a breather in the rear rocker cover and a big breather on the crankcase..(ps engine currently in two halves for gear transplant)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts