TLZone Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, just bought a 99 TLR from a buddy that was completely in bad shape and did not run. So just got to fire up and now doing cosmetic and performance modification! Nice to meet y’all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum manuelte35. [img= class=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/bigthumb.gif[/img]

Let's see some photos of the TLR.
Here are the pics of the work

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some more pics, took out the old nasty air filter, added a new filter, new plugs, re wired some bad wiring and got her running now, just ordered a 1098 Ducati rear shock to swap out the old horrible stock rear suspension, new turn signals and going to paint the bike or order new fairing.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Remember to swap out that chain. Looks like it'll probably need new sprockets too given where the chain adjusters are at.
i will take a closer look at it when i work on the bike again, i am keeping it at my old man's shop for the time being until she is ready to go. btw you might be able to answer a question i have. i order a 1098 complete shock with the factory spring, can i use that spring or should i respring it. if i need to respring it, i was thinking of using the 1100lbs spring, but i dont know the ID and length the spring needs to be and i searched many forums but i have been unable to come up with the exact size i need for that shock (if you have a P/N that would be very helpful, thats if i need a spring).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More updates!! Painted all the fairings to find that one was broken so Im looking for a battery side mid fairing. Then off to get painted and then she’ll be ready to go! Also got my new custom decals made from a buddy, red with carbon. Let me know what y’all think

·
Registered
8 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts