TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i got my first TLR. real nice bike but i wana make it my own. I got K2 Gixxer forks, calipers and fender. I have fitted them to the original yokes and they seem fine. Is there any problems with this,
thanks
alan

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
i think ther is a issue with the front axle and the tl rims just "Bolting on" ......dont take this 100% true, im sure someone else will chime in and give a positive answer

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
The TLR & the TLS lower triple clamp holes where the fork legs slide through are larger than the ones found on the 02' GSXR 1000. I have an 01' GSXR1000 and that bike has the same front end as an 02' GSXR1000. I went ahead & bought a set of 03' GSXR1000 forks for my GSXR & took the front end off the 01' & put them on my 97' TLS. You may feel your set up will work but the lower clamp will not be holding those fork legs tightly enough. It will be problematic at the worst possible time: under heavy braking, after landing a wheelie or while going through a higher speed sweeper. Some people here have recommended going with a set of spacer shims to make up this gap but if you plan on riding the bike hard I would not go that route.

·
Will ride for Food
697 Posts
:stupid

Suspension God has spoken!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I fitted the forks with a fork shimming kit. They fit good with good hold. The length isnt really an issue. I wheelie and ride hard. No movement. hope it stays that way,.,lol

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
ok so come on ask if there is any issues then totally ignore the folks who have done this mod b4 i would ignore them at your peril last thig you need is the forks to move when your landing a hard wheelie or the like.

if ya gona do the job do it right there aint no shortcut worth your life.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I can't see the problem with bushings.. It they would slip they probably could when there's wasn't one on it anyway..:O

1 - 9 of 9 Posts