TLZone Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just seen on the news.

as us south aussies have a public holiday monday they decide to hike up the fuel prices.

there responce was it was due due to demand they sware black & blue its got nothing to do with the holiday BUT its only south aust that gets the hike up HOW F*#KEN CONVENIANT HAY :jack

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Nope. We got it here too. $1.12 on Wednesday, $1.28 on Thursday. Although, the fuel generally does rise on the Wednesday afternoon/evening here. Pay days are usually on Thursday. Coincidence???

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gouldo said:
Nope. We got it here too. $1.12 on Wednesday, $1.28 on Thursday. Although, the fuel generally does rise on the Wednesday afternoon/evening here. Pay days are usually on Thursday. Coincidence???
add another 10c to the $1.28 for here. was the same as you.

·
Moderator,
8,243 Posts
Ahh, you idiots just don't get it. If all you Aussies weren't out driving around and being distracted by "For Sale" signs in cars, then you wouldn't be causing so many accidents. These accidents lead to injuries and death that ultimately extract a price borne by the nation as a whole. Therefore, they have been forced to increase petrol prices in a effort to cut down on the miles you drive, the "For Sale" signs you see and thus the accidents you cause, ultimately benefiting the entire nation. Sheesh people, this isn't rocket science...:laugh

Edit: By the way, we're back to under $2/gallon here.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I am paying 152yen per liter here in Hiroshima (AU $1.72).
I gave up wondering long ago, now I just bend over and take it like a man.

Besides, remeber that new Monarro you couldnt afford? Look who got the last laugh.
14km/l all the way top the bank!

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
1crock said:
Ahh, you idiots just don't get it. If all you Aussies weren't out driving around and being distracted by "For Sale" signs in cars, then you wouldn't be causing so many accidents. These accidents lead to injuries and death that ultimately extract a price borne by the nation as a whole. Therefore, they have been forced to increase petrol prices in a effort to cut down on the miles you drive, the "For Sale" signs you see and thus the accidents you cause, ultimately benefiting the entire nation. Sheesh people, this isn't rocket science...:laugh
:lol :lol :lol

I far cry from real world economics, but funny! :lol

Brett did you see the news when the media confront the Shell frontman about the rise in fuel prices for the long weekend. In his hasty retreat he couldn't find the door out of the boardroom. :lol His body language said it all ... its all planned for big revenue.

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Ruby said:
:lol :lol :lol

I far cry from real world economics, but funny! :lol

Brett did you see the news when the media confront the Shell frontman about the rise in fuel prices for the long weekend. In his hasty retreat he couldn't find the door out of the boardroom. :lol His body language said it all ... its all planned for big revenue.
yeh i saw it. surly they cant think we as the public are that stupid & believe them :coocoo
i think its time we as a country/nation should march this goverment & pocket liner pricks off this country.
the government is suppose to help us not them selves....they tend to forget who put them there. hence the reason why they feather there pockets while thay can LEAGAL THEAVES.
its about time to use some aussie balls :hail :hail :hail people power... problem is theres alot of soft cocks out there.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
1crock said:
Edit: By the way, we're back to under $2/gallon here.

That won't last long.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
The only thing we as the consumer can do about the petrol prices (which would actually work, unlike the crap suggestions being emailed around) is either:

a) reduce our "reliance" upon fuel; or

b) vote in a government who has balls, and will serve the tax payers and give us relief.

:)

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Ruby said:
The only thing we as the consumer can do about the petrol prices (which would actually work, unlike the crap suggestions being emailed around) is either:

a) reduce our "reliance" upon fuel; or

b) vote in a government who has balls, and will serve the tax payers and give us relief.

:)
Yeah but its not just the government because the Oil companies have them and us bent over big time.
In the end they have the power to do anything they want.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Not really. Its not like they can just supply us less and over supply another country. Excessive supply will reduce prices, so they'll lose out (a bit anyway). Rather they spend big $ each year analysing where to distribute their fuel and in what amounts to get the best value. Of course, this adds to the cost of oil anyway due to the extra process :coocoo

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Yeah but in the end they are still the ones putting the price up.
Any reasons they might come up with are really excusses in the long run.
They might have problems with production plants here and there around the world but really the fuel produced from each plant is generally only going to the same places, so why if there is a problem half way around the world do our prices have to go up.
I know they have some equal trade agreement for prices to staty the same globally but who do you think come up with that idea!!

Sorry to rant but i work in a refinery and those ****ers are making a bloody fortune.
ive had my say:O

·
Registered
756 Posts
Not only fuel,bloody double demerit points aswell!!!!

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
I always thought there was a maximum fuel price cap that they couldn't go over :dunno Anything sold under that is fair game, if they want to sell it for 20c / litre under max early week and 1c under max at weekends it's up to them? :dunno

The only way to stop the fluctuations from cheapest to dearest is to hold it at the maximum. :dowhat

I filled up on Thursday for $1.16/litre, it's all gone now though. Island and back takes a tank.

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Steve TLS said:
I filled up on Thursday for $1.16/litre.
i have'nt seen that price for :O what near 12 mths over here.
what dark ally was that tanker parked in :laugh

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Gouldo got it for $1.12 on Wednesday in NSW - a few posts up. I was still paying 4c / litre more..

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
The thing that shits me is the thieves put the price up between fuel deliveries... it only costs the company $X to have lets say 10000 ltrs of fuel delivered to their tanks. So why the **** should the price fluctuate untill the next 10000ltrs is delivered.... it's not costing the servo any more or any less to store it in the ground so once it has been delivered it should stay the same price till the next delivery!:rant :rant :rant

1 - 18 of 18 Posts