TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked it up Saturday! 2006 ZX-10R. She has a whopping 3 miles on her now! I put 2 miles on Sunday and 1 mile yesterday :laugh. The weather has been decent, but I haven't had time :banghead

Don't I look happy? :)

Strapped down and ready to go home!!!

The current stable! '06 ZX-10, '06 R-6 (friends), '00 Buell Blast (wifes starter bike), '93 CBR900RR (FOR SALE :devious)

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Sweet ride man, and very nice stable :thumbup

I'm sure you are gonna luv the Z, but are you missing the TL yet? :O

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been missing the TL since the motor went out on me :bawling. But I had to move on! I gotta say, this ZX10 is STRONG!!!! I only opened it up once, but I had to hold on for dear life then! Obviously with only 3 miles I didn't open it up much though.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Very nice early Christmas present!
:cheers

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Pure curiosity, how much you selling the 900 for?

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Approach it slowly or it'll bit ya!

purty though...but please, put some miles on it, it's way to f-in clean ;-)

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Very cool!! enjoy linc!

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
And you trailered it home? WTF? I'll probably NEVER trailer a bike home. You get a friend to drive you and you get that bitch broken in on the long way home!

However, if I were to buy an SM from someplace slightly remote like Austin, I could totally see me toting that home in the back of the pickup truck.

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Trailer it to the twisties and break it in MotoTune style. I doubt you have to worry about running it too hard. :laugh

I rode my new FZ-1 home with pretty decent throttle openings and up to about 7,500 rpm for brief periods on the freeway. On and off the gas. Dumped the oil at 50 miles. Next change at 600 and normal after that.

The next rides was a proper canyon sorties, with upper midrange rpm (max 8,000) and long periods of rev down decel into the corners. The new bike is running good :)

Congrats on the new bike. She is a bad ass beauty! :hail

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
though you wanted something somewhat comfy for highway miles :laugh

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
:cool I must be in the wrong business cause I can never afford anything new.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Decided against the Busa..eh. That ZX-10 is a hot bike and I really like the solid black color scheme.
the 07' busa is solid black looks the part!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hail

·
Registered
871 Posts
sweet ride brudda i know you'll have fun with! :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts