TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G

·
I'm A big Pit-Bull Fan....Especially the newer rear stand that you jack the rear up will standing next to the bike holding the left clip-on, not from the back like the others....
Cycle-Cat www.oncycles.com has a really nice rear stand but it's an arm and a leg. SC

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
+1 on the pit-bull.

For the rear the kind that uses swingarm sliders/spools seems much easier/more stable than the little feet (the pit-bull works either way, I use mine with spools of course, plus the spools will work as sliders in a crash).

·
Registered
545 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Oh yeah, be careful. I have heard that the rear stands can interfere sometimes with the TLs bodywork. That may just be for the Rs though. I never really have liked front stands that lift by the forks. It allows you to remove the tire but not to adjust the forks.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Recently after much searching I bought a swingarm pivot stand from http://andersonstands.com/index.html

I also looked at the ABBA swingarm pivot stands, but way too much work was involved to get it here to the US.

The Anderson stand came from Australia and the total with shipping was about $214. Nothing but great things to say about the product, and shipping was actually very quick. Once you get used to putting the bike up, it only takes a few seconds and is rock solid when up. They used my measurements on the different size pivot holes, and machined the pins for a snug fit. Also I haven't tried it yet, but supposedly getting the front up is just a matter of a scissor jack and a small block of wood. :hail :hail

·
Registered
99 Posts
do not get those red stands off ebay. My friend has them and i used them on my FZR and they wobbled like no other. I didn't even think about trying them out on the TL because i thought they would break with the bike up on them.

·
Registered
608 Posts
LOOK FOR A SELLER ON EBAY NAMED DELLEDESIGN26 I GOT MINE FOR 120 SHIPPED TO HAWAII. NICE AND THE REAR IS A SPOOL OR A SWINGARM TYPE.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
I"m going to +1 for the pitbull stand, if the stands pictured above are a VW Bettle, the the pit bull is an M1A1 Abrams...

the tubing is 3X as big, twice as thick, the wheels are larger and roll better, the leverage is perfect. My ONLY complaint is the difficulty I have with getting the little pin in the hole in the bottom of the tripple tree, it is very snug and requires just perfect alinment to get it in.

but once up on the stands your babay is safe, secure, and rock solid.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
What size is the pin on your front pit-bull, mine is to big.

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
01PurdueTLR said:
do not get those red stands off ebay. My friend has them and i used them on my FZR and they wobbled like no other. I didn't even think about trying them out on the TL because i thought they would break with the bike up on them.
did you have a warm fuzzy with her up on the pit bull last weekend? Those things have some beef to them.

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
papaluch said:
What size is the pin on your front pit-bull, mine is to big.
I think a 6, what ever the chart said for TLR...

it's also got a little bend or crook to it, so there is a right way to install the pin and a wrong way.... I tride it both ways, one was difficult, the other way impossible.

I'm wondering if I just need to do it more often, get the hole in the bottom of the tree to strech a little around the edges, just seems it needs to be back and down more. Only I'm touching the fender (ok the blanket I put over the fender) and the ground.

I was wondering about putting it up on a block of wood before putting in the front stand....

Ain't that just like the frickin TL, you have to mod EVERYTHING!!!!!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Thanks, that front stand is a bitch to get the bike up on. I need to tune-up my forks this winter.

·
Registered
103 Posts
pit bull all the way:devious . watch out for the cheaper stands,I had a rear stand that when you let the bike down your hand would get smashed between the handle and the tail.

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
im sold on pitbulls too. I have absolutly no issue with the front tree stand, takes no effort at all. Maybe take your pin and sand a little off it RM.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi my advice is dont buy these front stands as I have one and its useless you cant
remove front axel with stand in place so cant remove wheel or make adjustments to
forks only good if you use tirewarmers which I dont, just my 20c worth.

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
TLstreak said:
im sold on pitbulls too. I have absolutly no issue with the front tree stand, takes no effort at all. Maybe take your pin and sand a little off it RM.
yea, modin' is a way of life, if it doesn't work perfectly.... MOD IT!!!:devious

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
Hart said:
Hi my advice is dont buy these front stands as I have one and its useless you cant
remove front axel with stand in place so cant remove wheel or make adjustments to
forks only good if you use tirewarmers which I dont, just my 20c worth.
the pit bull I have uses a pin in the bottom of the tripple tree, you can completly remove the front tire, the forks.... basically the entire front end

the front fork lift stand is pretty much a waste of time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.