TLZone Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that the symptoms for a leaking clutch pushrod seal have started to haunt me :rant. If that's not bad enough, I took a long ride home and it began making this rattling sound around the area where the clutch pushrod would be. When I'm first pulling off (1st gear) I hear it but then it goes away as the RPM's go up (and I speed up of course). I put it in second, and it comes back. Again, as the RPM's climb and I increase speed, it goes away again. Anything after that I can't tell due to the full face helmet and the M4's :devious. If I hold the clutch in (still hydraulic) it goes away at any speed/RPM. As I slow down - no brakes, just let the RPM's drop, it'll start rattling again as it gets to the lower RPM's. I can't tell you the numbers on the RPM's - I didn't look at them :O. I want to stress that the rattling sound may be a combination of a grinding sound as well? I was thinking pushrod seal replacement (SVK upgrade method) along with a few other components while I'm in there. 10 years on the bike and some abuse from previous owners, I was also thinking stock clutch plate replacement and Barnett springs. I don't know if I want to do this job, it'll be my first on a bike and I'm sure that if this does fix the problem, I'll be okay (at least until the next demon haunts me).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.