TLZone Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All
About 3 years ago I stripped my TLS down to fit a new fuel pump and front plug and thats where it stopped.
I now can't remember where everything goes for reassembly.
Anyone available in Brighton area to give me a hand?
Message me or call 07967 034410
Tommotbird.

·
Registered
909 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Geoff
I got a new fuel pump gasket/ seal and fitted the fuel pump, however it still leaked even after torquing the nuts to the right pressure.
I think that I am going to use gasket sealant and then bolt it in.
You can come round this weekend if you are free, it will help too spur me on and put me in the right direction. It's been off the road for too long.
Regards
Geoff T

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi All

I replaced the fuel pump yesterday with one that tested good. With gas in the tank it primed OK but now when I try to fire it up there is no noise of the pump priming. Looks like i now have to buy another pump? Had to use gasket compound to seal the pump as i couldn't get it to seal without it. Is there something that causes the pump to dysfunction?
Any ideas as this is becoming a pain!

·
Adrenaline Junky
2,688 Posts

Right...

Step 1: check that the pump is working by applying a direct line from the battery +ve to the red/white wire leading to the fuel pump. For this I have a few lengths of wire with crocodile clips at each end. If that whirrs, then your pump is fine.
Step 2: using a multimeter check that the red/white at the loom side of the fuel pump is getting power on start up.
Step 3: Check at the orange/blue wire into the fuel pump relay is getting power on start up.
Step 4: Check that the light brown wire into the fusebox for fuse 5 is getting power.

Now report back. :thumbup

It might also be worth checking that: The bike isnt in gear. The side stand isnt down. The killswitch is set to 'run'.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I can work for $0 an hour...

Or shekels per millimeter, or whatever the imperial wage rate is... :rotfl

All you have to do is fly me over and pick me up from the airport! But I guarantee we get that thing running!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK so now I have yet again replaced the fuel pump and it primes/whirrs. Petrol in tank, kill switch off, engine turns over on the button OK.
Checked the spark plug and it is dry, so it would seem that no fuel is getting through, any ideas?

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Ok. Have you put it in dealer node to see if there are any errors being registered?

·
Adrenaline Junky
2,688 Posts
Checked the spark plug and it is dry
Have you checked that it is sparking?

After draining the fuel from the tank to change the filter it can take a deceptively long time to fire up upon first start...

·
Registered
492 Posts
I've got a dealer mode cable coming from Ebay any minute and live in Worthing; if you need it you can borrow it?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts