TLZone Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. so I installed my SuperKewl Rifleman's 1/5th insert and the throttle is dead on. My fast idle though doesn't work now. Fully on it only ups the rpm by about a hundred which makes for really hard starts in the mornings.

My questions are...

1. Has anyone else had an issue with the fast idle after installing the insert?

and

2. How do i adjust it? I tried at the handlebar end and it doesn't help so, do I need to remove the airbox to get to the adjustment scew? I think I can see it but just want to be sure before I go through the PITA process of removing the airbox.

thanks,
C

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
CMonkee said:
2. How do i adjust it? I tried at the handlebar end and it doesn't help so, do I need to remove the airbox to get to the adjustment scew? C
I think you've nailed it on the head, though i can't really understand why it's altered the cable settings on the fast idle by fitting the 1/5 insert, shouldn't have made any difference to it if i remember correctly from when i fitted mine,
:confused :confused :confused

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what i was thinking, but it did somehow. I didn't adjust anything other than loosening the cables on the thottle housing during the install. I didn't think it could have an effect on it, but somehow it did. I had the tank up today checking everything and didn't see anything and nothing is binding. I just need to know if I need to remove the airbox, which I'm thinking I do, then which screw do I adjust. In the search function I saw a comment about it but was unsure if it's the flathead or philips screw that is the adjustment for the fast idle lever.

Unless the cable somehow came off track, if it's just on a cam or something. I'll know more when I lift the box.

anyway, thanks
C

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
The fast idle cable is seperate from the throttle cables.

Be careful, as the cam for the fast idle adjuster is right by the adjuster for the throttle body linkage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts