TLZone Forums banner

Help!! TILLER pillion seat!

658 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  The Ring-In 
#1 ·
Hi Folks

I was wondering if any of you out there has a design template or instructions to privately manufacture a pillion seat for the TILLER.

The bike i bought only has the rear hump seat cowel, and my girl is on my case to get a propper pillion installed. These things are rare in South Africa.

So instead of me floundering about and excersise my lacking engineering skills, I was hoping some1 else has attempted this before?

Please forward any ideas to waldo.vantonder@heraeuschemicals.co.za

#3 ·
hi there

the stock seat mouts just as the hump does. it has a tongue on the back and a dick for the catch.

just take the hump off and make a cardboard template to suit the shape of a seat base.

cut it out of 10 mm ply and smooth the edges. fabricate a tongue to hold it and get someone to turn a dick for u .

screw them on with screws and nuts. recess the nuts into the ply a bit . get the girl to try it for fit and the drop it to an auto trimmer for a pad and cover. take the front with you for comparison of foam density and vinyl texture.

I know money out of SA and goods in is difficult but it probably still worth watching ebay of the looking to sell forum here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.