TLZone Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have checked the "how to" post on linking and pasting pictures and i cant figure this thing out to save my life...i have my album saved on Picasa web album..i want to risize my pictures so i can just click on attachments, but every time it tells me their too big..can someone tell me how to resize them? :confused

·
Registered
451 Posts
i would either use a batch resizer like acdsee.

or, if its just one photo. use mspaint.

open the photo in paint.

go to image then stretch-skew

then put in the % smaller you would like it.

when the image is the size you want.

go to "save as" and save the file as the original file name + resize or add small or something.

saving over old big photos, with smaller versions of the same photo sucks. be careful not to do that.

thats how i do it, without using a "batch resizer"

hope that helps :D

·
Registered
967 Posts
One thing not clear: you mean resizing the SIZE of the file or the RESOLUTION of the picture?!

Different things and you need different tools.

I run ACDSee Classic (not the current version, actually a VERY old version, which I consider the BEST image manager in the market).

In ACDSee Classic you can COMPRESS the Jpegs, which will give u a smaller file size. Now for changing the resolution, I use Photoshop.

But photoshop is $$$ and very dense, so first thing I would try is to follow extrasupreme lead and check if the current version of ACDSee does change resolution as well as compress the files. Maybe the current version does it all, which I actually suspect, since my version is 2.43 and apparently they are on release 9!

·
Registered
451 Posts
BBorges :) i still use an old version as well.... the new acdsee is a bit pox.

i have photoshop as well, yet i still use paint. old dog, new trick perhaps?

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
You'd have to resize them then re-upload the pics, but posting the html tag would make much more sense. You can paste the URL for the pic into the little insert pic button (2nd from the right). In general, hosted pics are prefered as they can be a more reasonable size and don't slow down the TLZ server.

have fun

To actually re-size a pic the Microsoft power toy app is about the quickest/easiest option imo.

·
Registered
967 Posts
extrasupreme said:
BBorges :) i still use an old version as well.... the new acdsee is a bit pox.

i have photoshop as well, yet i still use paint. old dog, new trick perhaps?

I cant believe that!! You also you the Classic?! Hhauahuahauha

Thats so old.. I think about 5 years old... and you know... software development FLIES nowadays... I did try ACDSee 5'ish and I didnt like it.. so I got stuck with the Classic. I just checked their webpage.. and apparently they are on release 9 !!

anyway... I dont think there is any resolution resizing tool on ACDSee Classic.. is there?! They only offer JPEG compression. Confirm that, because actually that is the ONLY feature missing on the Classic release!

Later

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
if your running windows XP get IMAGE RESIZER_WINDOWS XP powertoy setup.

then just right clic on pic & choose your size you want & save as original or copys.
IE:
BASIC
small: 640 x 480
medium: 800 x 600
large: 1024 x 768
handheld pc: 240 x 320
ADVANCED
custom: your choice of size ---- X ----
make pictures smaller but not larger
resize the original pictures (but dont make copys)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts