TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once engine reaches approx 80 deg from cold start engine shuts down off idle @ 1200 rpm, To maintain the bike to idle over the 80 deg bike has to idle @ 2500 rpm. Mechanic has checked power commander , tps & valve clearences umong other things to no avail any body else have a similar problem ?

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Is there any error codes showing in the dealer mode? You can check this by joining the connectors together with a piece of wire or a paper clip. It is located under the seat hump at the side near the back. The code will be displayed on the lcd on the clocks. If a error is present do a search on here, there are plenty of topics on the subject. Hope you get it sorted out.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Have you checked for any vacuum leaks?

The cold map(richer) goes up to 79 or 80deg C, then the hot map(leaner) cuts in. my guess is that it is a little on the lean side at idle, you wouldnt really know it on the cold map, but once hot and the ECU takes away the extra fuel the motor starves and shuts down. maybe give idle mixture a little bump to the rich side on the pc? probably worth a shot.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
What happens if you disconnect the power commander? Sometimes they go bad when/if they have trouble reading a weak signal from (I think it's) the crank position sensor. If removing your PC eliminates the problem, send your PC in and they can disable the (unused) feature causing the problem.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
sounds like Power Commander to me buddy. Mine cuts in at 74 degrees according to the bike guru in Victor who installed it (Neville Lush) Try what the others suggested and remove it if your mechanic hasn't already tried that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts