TLZone Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently changed my clutch on my 2003 TLR, I TOOK the cover off to replace the gaskets, finally put it back together, but it started to over heat. I checked the thermostat, flushed the radiator and it was running fine, but it still marked the red light on cluster. When i was rollin down the steeet at 40mph i felt the bike turn off and the rearr wheel locked up luckily, i hit the clutch and got it back under control. I took it home tried to start it but it just clicked every time i would start it, i. Thinkin my motor is fkcd! Then i put it in first and the motor cranked but it felt like the battery was low, so i put the charger on it let it charge, i tried to start it but it lags and eventually doesnt turn on and theres a wind comin from the starter, please help me what can it be, is my motor done? Im new to this so please be patient with me, thank you so much. I will provide videoz if necessary.
I also changed my stator nd my rectifier, new front and rear sprocket. I know the motor is not seized cuz wen i crank it it does turn over but after the 3rd try it doesnt turn over at all

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
did you take the water pump off when you did this project? sounds like you may have and then not put the water pump back together correctly.... lots to diagnose over just a paragraph. What was the engine temp... 183-220?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts