TLZone Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any measure from a good aftermarket exhaust like Akrapovic or Tiforce or Yoshimura etc?
What is the primary diameter, at what lenght it expands, where are joined together (also the lenght/diameter for the joint pipe) and the final diameter before the silencers etc

We want to build a full system for a navigator

Thanks in advance!
:)

·
Registered
349 Posts
I went with 50mm as 'Bernard' suggested rather than a full 57 mm system. Stated it would be counter productive on a street bike ( think the the idea was to give a broader spread of power lower down in the rev range at the expense of an outright higher high peak/headline BHP figure.

Lifted from a thread;
M4 and Yosh are 1 3/4" out of the heads tapering to 2" then up to 54/57mm ish at the cans.

A bit out of date now but the name to search under was the member Bernard as quoted above. Jagboy has one of his systems and Sam posted up detailed measurements of the length to the tapers etc.

Wiil get more pics of the fitment on mine.

TLPower is currently working on a 2-1-2 system on a Navigator utilising a Aprilia Tuono 50mm system.

·
Registered
Carbon Bodied TL1080S
346 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
If someone is able to measure the distance apart and relative angle of both front and rear exhaust ports I will be able to draw my full KENZ system and an m4 full system.

Unfortunately I lost the measurements I took when my engine was out as I was going to design a new undertail system.

The m4 is a good setup but nothing sounds like a TL with a kenz system :drool

·
Registered
349 Posts
Here is the quote from Bernhard (note spelling);

"BUT: For a stock engine it is NOT recommened to use these fat headers, you better create a header with max diameter of 52mm!!! Otherwise you loose to much torque in the midrange!"

·
Registered
13,114 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
you could consider buying this bit of software ( its cheap) and working out something for yourself

http://maxracesoftware.com/pipemax36xp2.htm
Hi Stu,

Do you have any experience with the software? If it works and is intuitive it is dead cheap and worth a try. I am looking into building a new 2-1 underseat system this winter and could indeed use a good design tool.

·
Registered
935 Posts
What benefits do you anticipate from a 2 into 1 system compared to what you have?
Presently I have the 2-into-1 underseat from XtremeGP. What I hope to build is a new system where all the pipework is inside the frame/swingarm, instead of the current bend on the right side of the swingarm. On top of that I would like to gain a little extra power as the XtremeGP system doesn't flow optimally for my 1060ccm (+3mm pistons) engine.

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,415 Posts
My notes from a few years back

TLR Ti Force

Yosh RS3

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
Do you have any experience with the software?
yes some its very versatile and exhaust pipe predictions are just one of its functions

Reactions: humle

·
Registered
935 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts