TLZone Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I recently decided to leave my position so this means returning the flat panel Dell LCD I have had the good fortune of using provided by work for almost a year.

I am now looking at everything with a CTX 17" CRT monitor.

I think it's starting to hurt my eyes.

I'm looking at the Dell widescreen for $339.00

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productlisting.aspx?c=us&category_id=6198&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

I want one with the USB ports on the side for my digi cam and other USB devices. A nice and handy feature with the Dell FP2001 I had

You guys can recommend any monitors you think are a good buy with the specs I'm looking for. I mainly just want the USB ports and DVI connector?

Looking for the best buy for the buck and I will consider a 19" but thinking 20" or better LCD flat panel

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
when ya find one Del, send it my way buddy :thumbup
Hope you're feeling better buddy

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ha, ha how you been? I'm doing good. I went back to work and my first day back I was handed my eval which I did not like so I turn in my notice. This was not a spur of the moment decision. I've been un-happy for awhile.

Things will work out.

:cheers

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Yep, you gotta make your own luck Del. You'll be fine buddy. Hows the house coming along ?

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Decent, heading off to lowes to buy some supplies today to finish the wall unit up.

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
del, i've been using the 2005fpw (the 2005 version of the 2007wfp you're looking at). great monitor! i've read the 2007 has an even better contrast ratio and refresh time. keep an eye out for dell coupons, i picked up two monitors $600 shipped, taxed, and everything or something like that.

-:banana

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Make sure your refresh rate on the CRT is not set at 60Hz. 75, or if it will do it, 85 Hz is much easier on the eyes. Windows tends to default to 60, flicker/headache city. Ack.

I bought a 19" Viewsonic VP930b about 3 months ago. It is a great monitor. Excellent color and clarity and fast enough for gaming. They are just under $300 at Mulitiwave. It should be very competetive with the 19" Dell :)

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/shoppingcart.asp?scriteria=vp930b&UpDepts=&DName=&Back=&Bname=

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
I was going to buy the Dell 2007 but for $50 more I can get the same resolution in a Viewsonic 22". I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but the 22" is looking the favorite right now. My eyes aren't quite what they used to be.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
www.tomshardware.com !!

If anyone can tell me more about the ViewSonic VX922 I'd be very pleased! My IIyama 452 pro is beginning to show lines and needs replacement. The drawback is that I play Q3 (yes it's ancient) 100fps/100hz and can't have any form of ghosting! Should I wait for yet another faster batch of screens?

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does the viewsonic have the USB ports on it?

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Mine does not. No speakers, no frills. It has a very nice 4 prong base and it can swivel every which way though. The model I mentioned has been Tom's "reference" LCD for some time now. It is a sweet monitor.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I love my Dell screens. They are a very good choice!

I'm running a 2005 beside a 2405.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well getting use to the CRT screen now so I might just keep it for a while.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts