TLZone Forums banner

Help needed on downpipe finish..

781 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  TLJimmy 
#1 ·
My TLS is running standard downpipes/headers which I think have been painted in Heat paint. Im not looking to replace them with Stainless steel as yet but just wondered how other people would prepare them ie: vapour blasting etc and then what finish for the pipes or any makes of heat paint that would be recommended.

Does anyone now of a link so I can find out more info on the Thermostat mod for a 97 TLS.

Lets hope that she is all back together for the start of the great british spring!!! :dowhat

#4 ·
The ceramic coating sounds pretty sweet. have heard about it but have yet to see any finished pieces firsthand. Keep me informed on any progress tho, I am interested.
As for the thermo mod I'm not even too sure whether I need to do it or not as I'm not 100% sure on wheteher my S is a V model or a W. It is an import on a W(2000) reg and I cant seem to make much sense of the frame number ie: year codes..

#9 ·
If it's an SW, and it sounds like it is, you don't need the thermo mod, and you can plug n play a TRE if you so desire...

My headers have been polished for years - they have a nice colour range from a burnished bronze to polished steel - from the heat variations along the pipes I spose. I just give them a quick rub with metal polish (only where hey can be easily seen;)) when I do my cans - which are stainless 2bros bolt-ons - probably every third or fourth time I wash my bike. IMHO they are a vast improvement on the stock black look:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.