TLZone Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re-sprayed my pipes black with a special heat resistant paint from Demon-Tweeks...and it does work, no peeling or flaking. However, where the right hand pipe meets the conecting pipe on the bike ( this bit I didn't take off and paint ) The thing glows red at that area. And I mean it glows! Is this just a reaction with the paint? Like I say, when cooled down, the paint is fine. I'm too scared to ride the tiller at the mo!!!!!!!!!!!!! :O

·
Registered
451 Posts
Nothing to do with the paint...its totally normall for your pipes to do it at the header and mid section. Does have something to do with lean/rich mixture...not sure which...but none the less, no worries. Its normal :)

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
you are pumping flames down the exhaust it stands to reason they get hot enought to glow!

factory pipes are double wallled so they dont let the heat get to the outer wall so easilly, aftermarket pipes are single wall and show the heat much quicker

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
:stupid

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
:stupid except IIRC the factory pipes aren't double walled, but rather just quite a bit thicker than aftermarket ones. The factory pipes will glow too, though not as readily as aftermarket systems.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
:stupid except IIRC the factory pipes aren't double walled, but rather just quite a bit thicker than aftermarket ones. The factory pipes will glow too, though not as readily as aftermarket systems.
oh yes they will....especially after some clown you work with pours fogging oil in your mufflers so your bikes smoking like a f*** the whole way down the highway on your way home and you're keeping the revs at approx 7-8k to burn the crap out :rant :banghead

they'll light up like a stove burner then! :laugh

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
:spit

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
My pipe glows every time I fill, light, and toke.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
These are the same pipes I originally had and they didn't ever glow, esp at the header, but since I have put the heat paint on, it goes from its original colour black to molton lava red. Looks kinda cool, but scared the shit out of me. TL's, these really are mentalist bikes

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
it looks even better at night :devious

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Come to think of it, I need to buy new heat seals or whatever they are called for the pipe, where it joins at the mid section. Anyone have any idea as to where sells these?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts