TLZone Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Dual H4 HID kit for my TLR and each bulb is a 2 wire H4 with high and low beam together in 1 bulb... My stock wiring for my H4 bulbs have 3 wires.

Wired up the lights last night.
I only get one setting. low or high, depending upon where I connect the wires to the factory connector.
Is there a wiring diagram that shows something other than what appears to be obvious?
I wired these as two separate lights.
Red and black from the bulb to the red and blue from the ballast.
Red and black from the ballast to two wires (high or low) and ground on the factory headlight connector.
I have no wires connected between the two lights or ballasts.
If this is not correct, let me know.
Thanks
Steve

Any knowledgeable suggestions?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Which set of HIDs did you get, the bulb replacement kit, or the full projector set up?

·
Registered
231 Posts
I bought a Dual H4 HID kit for my TLR and each bulb is a 2 wire H4 with high and low beam together in 1 bulb... My stock wiring for my H4 bulbs have 3 wires.

Wired up the lights last night.
I only get one setting. low or high, depending upon where I connect the wires to the factory connector.
Is there a wiring diagram that shows something other than what appears to be obvious?
I wired these as two separate lights.
Red and black from the bulb to the red and blue from the ballast.
Red and black from the ballast to two wires (high or low) and ground on the factory headlight connector.
I have no wires connected between the two lights or ballasts.
If this is not correct, let me know.
Thanks
Steve

Any knowledgeable suggestions?
That's strange. If the bulbs have 2 settings, high and lo beam - there will be 3 wires... Negative, low positive and high positive. I don't see any other way that it could work. Are you sure they are dual beam bulbs??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is an H4-1 bulb, it is supposed to be a hi-low from top to bottom. This is only what I was told, here is a photo...

·
Registered
371 Posts
What yous got there is a standard Xenon kit. There is not hi-beam. If you want the high beam set up, you'd have purchased a "bi-Xenon" kit.

With the HID's, the way hi-beam works is such that the bulb is always on at a constant glow. Hi/low beam is acheived by paritially shrouding the lens that aims the light outward, or allowing to fully shine. The high beam switch position triggers a solenoid that pulls an "eyelid" up or down allowing a full circumference beam, or 1/2 beam to shine from the light housing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have 2 ballasts and 2 H4-1 bulbs... if this wont work... can I simply purchase 2 H4 hi/lo bulbs only since I have the ballasts and wiring already?

·
Registered
231 Posts
here are the diff bulbs, mine is the H4-1 bulb, diff than the other H4 hi-lo
Sorry bro, that's a single element setup. That's why it's less 1 wire. I'd say return them for what you want or deal w/ low beams only.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts