TLZone Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

Just thought I'd get my 2000 TLR out as it is the first nice day we've had in a while, but the git will not start. It was running fine before it was garaged about 2 weeks ago. When I turn the ignition on the fuel pump does not prime, and I am getting the message "chec" on the LCD display. If I press the start switch(with cluth in of course lol) I get nothing, it does not turn at all. The battery appears to have plenty of juice in.

As I am not that techically minded, I really do not know what to do. Any suggestions?

Cheers in advance

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Make sure it's in neutral and the kill switch on the right clipon is on

Check fuses
Check the side stand switch
Check the clutch switch

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
and check the main power connector.. the 4 prong one on the starter relay. The one that Chucks Net soldered up! :thumbup If it's corroded... it could be your trouble spot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok guys, I have to say that for my first post I have made myself look like a complete idiot! Just gone back to the bike because it was irritating me, and realised that when I had garaged it 2 weeks ago I hadn't flicked the kill switch back over. Gigas, you were spot on. I have to say thanks to the guys who have replied to my post. You are all more than welcome to laugh at me :coocoo

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
wow that was easy. :laugh

·
Moderator,
8,228 Posts
Ok guys, I have to say that for my first post I have made myself look like a complete idiot! Just gone back to the bike because it was irritating me, and realised that when I had garaged it 2 weeks ago I hadn't flicked the kill switch back over. Gigas, you were spot on. I have to say thanks to the guys who have replied to my post. You are all more than welcome to laugh at me :coocoo
:lol On the other hand, there's a very good reason he knew to suggest that first. Let's just say it's not a unique situation. ALWAYS start with the easy stuff folks.

And welcome to the Zone.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts