TLZone Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I know this is probably not the best site to pose this question but I was wondering if anyone with a similar head shape has had any success finding lids that fit. The problem is my oblong shaped head just doesn't fit into traditional helmets and I've actually only found one model thats even close to being comfortable. By oblong I mean a shape that is longer front to back than side to side.. with a tall forehead to boot...arrgh:banghead

Currently I wear an AGV Demon XL but Im looking for something new.. and before everyone says "just go try a bunch on and see what fits"- I have tried many brands (including the Arai Signet which was reccommended by more than a few ppl) but nothing's really felt right.. always too much pressure on the center of my forehead. Ugh.. is it possible that I've got the world's weirdest shaped head??

Just wondering if anyone's had success with a particular brand/model fitting on thier alienesque head...

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Other than an arai signet I don't know:eek:

I will say that most helmets, especially high end ones will break in and conform to your head quite well. So even if there are pressure spots when you try it on in the store, chances are (if they aren't really bad) that those will go away after a bit of use.

You can also swap out cheek pads and such for different thickness with Arai - might be helpful.

good luck

·
Registered
671 Posts
i have an icon mainframe lid and a funny shaped head and it seems to be okay. just a thought. good luck!

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
arai has them to fit all shapes of heads

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
show us a picture of your weird head. go on.

·
Premium Member
6,905 Posts
change yer faith ----- wear a turban......... :lol

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
I have an oval shape myself. Cant even wear most hats because of it. Suomy/KBC fit me the best. The Suomy seemed like it would be uncomfortable at first, but using their size chart and suffering thru the worst break in for a helmet ever, I love the damn thing.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Hey you dirty bastard, keep your damn probe outta my ass.

Seriously, we've spoken about this before.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I've got a skinny oblong head...Arai's have never fit my head. Tried the KBC's...no dice. HJC's (small) fit my goofy mellon best.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts