TLZone Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all on TLZ. New to the site. Found the forum when looking for info on a cable clutch conversion for my TLR engined streetfighter. Gonna need some info on re-mapping coz I'm running separate K&N's instead of the airbox. Anyone with info on either of these would greatly appreciated.
Cheers!

·
Moderator,
8,247 Posts
Welcome to the Zone.:)

The easiest cable conversion is to just use the TLS setup. Relatively cheap too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take it that it runs the same side as the original slave cylinder? If so is there a conversion that fits the clutch side that pulls the centre if you know what I mean. My bikes not standard.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi to all on TLZ. New to the site. Found the forum when looking for info on a cable clutch conversion for my TLR engined streetfighter. Gonna need some info on re-mapping coz I'm running separate K&N's instead of the airbox. Anyone with info on either of these would greatly appreciated.
Cheers!
Pix of that streetfighter? I'm considering a streetfighter conversion on my TLR.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Welcome:clap

The TLS system bolts on very much like the TLR system. You will have a worm drive in place of the slave cylinder, a cable rather than a hydrolic line and of course a different lever and no fluid res (other parts differ too, but not visually). You'd have a really difficult time mounting the clutch actuator on the clutch side of the motor (would require some serious re-engineering and custom machine work).

·
Registered
330 Posts
waves at the porrige wog:)
:bigfinger

welcome to the zone mate

kajir

·
Registered
217 Posts
:bigfinger

:worthless

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Welcome :bigfinger

:stupid come on, get some pics up. We see plenty of fightered S's but not that many R's

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
:stupid's. It'd be nice to see an R on a diet:laugh. Or are you using a different frame ...??

Oh yeah, :bigfinger.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Just lookin at your sig rimotu66 - use to love crass. Have you heard Patti Smyths version of those lyrics?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Just lookin at your sig rimotu66 - use to love crass. Have you heard Patti Smyths version of those lyrics?

Cant I have mate, any chance of you sending me it? I still listen to my old punk records but most got trashed when I got divorced..:banghead

·
Registered
992 Posts
When you look at Spokes pics you'll see why its not impossible for him to make the clutch work ANY way he wants. One bad-ass bike.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,856 Posts
:bigfinger welcome

You'll have to get a custom map for the separate filters. I don't think anyone will have one to suit here. :( There's some power to be lost removing the airbox and fitting pod type filters.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the replies, spoke to a lad at a local dyno shop and he says he'll set it up perfectly with a power commander. Keep ya posted :thumbup

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanx for the feedback - want to post more pics but seem to have used up my allowance on only a few - any suggestions??

1 - 19 of 19 Posts