TLZone Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys... I've just got my third TL1000S. Got my first one when I was 22, really not able to enjoy its potential.
Owned another one a couple of years ago but foolishly sold it to get a CRF490... now found another one (always from '97) and slowly fixing its small issues (it's been sitting unused for a long time).
I'm in Italy and down here there's some sort of Historical Bikes register. If you're in a motoclub (and I am) you can register your 20+ years old bike and save on insurance.
Unfortunately, to register the bike it needs to be 100% stock... and mine isn't. It's got mirrors, indicators, plate bracket and exhausts and didn't come with the original parts.
So I'd need a favor... anybody here with a '97 TL1000S willing to take two pictures of his TOTALLY STOCK bike for me? I'm willing to pay for the hassle by paypal and of course you can hide/photoshop the plate numbers before sending me the pictures. Buying all the original parts would cost €300 or so and replacing the undertray/plate bracket would also be a huge PITA... the previous owner even CUT IT OFF so I can see the rear wheel if I remove the seat hump! :banghead
I tried on the TL Fanatics page but for now, still no pictures. Finding a stock TL1000S seems to be very hard.
In the worst case I could probably live with aftermarket cans and have them photoshopped LOL. But of course a totally stock bike would be the best bet.
Possibly black but other colors will do, not a problem. Send me a PM if you need more informations :)
Thanks in advance, hope you are all having a good start on the new year.

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
Welcome to the site :bigfinger
Are you really going to save enough money by getting on the register to make it worth while, just wondered, enjoy it as it is.
You could just take a look on Google to start with
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=suzuki+tl1000s&client=firefox-b&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjjyqyHkKPRAhUYOVAKHYEZDD8Q_AUICSgB&biw=1024&bih=419

There are plenty of pictures on there,
Also take as look on Robinsons foundry for parts,
http://www.robinsonsfoundry.co.uk/shop/online-store/suzuki-parts-finder/tl/tl1000s/v-k1-1997-2001.htm?vehicle_id=123

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello! Already tried with Google... I need two specific angles, not easy to find. 3/4 right side/front and 3/4 left side/back.
10390180_522720564506732_2099910021099954557_n.jpg 11201860_10153664708839310_2689618163583463_n.jpg
I've bought the bike and slowly getting it right (had a "sticky throttle, the lights were acting weird and many other small issues). It will be a labor of love, really, and could definitely spend the money needed for the ugly original parts to make it good again.
It's got Giannelli cans (high), small indicators and of course the original plate bracket is gone. Also needs tyres, MOT and a good clean... probably oil change, spark plugs... just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL I just love the look and the "bully" feel of the engine. I couldn't leave the bike in that dirty garage... it was rotting. Didn't need it but had to take it home LOL.

·
Premium Member
6,872 Posts
it sounds to me that you want to use a photo of someone else's standard bike to send off as your own to use for getting cheap insurance - is that right?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, you make it sound like some sort of scam... it's not. Usually you have to keep the bass "all stock" for the registration but then you can mod it as you want. I just think that spending money for stock cans, indicators, mirrors and undertray would be a huge waste since the bike needs work. The guy of the Historical Bikes club actually "unofficially" told me I should find the parts as a loan of some type but I'm probably the only TL owner in 100km, maybe more. These are rare bikes in my zone.
I'm already a member of the club (with a registered VTR1000F)... nothing shady, just trying to save old bikes from rotting in a dirty basement.

·
Premium Member
6,872 Posts
Your problem is nobody on here knows you from Adam. You could be totally legitimate or not, how would we know?

The same goes for "lending" you standard parts. Many people have had their fingers burned and even money taken from them by dealing with people who are not well known no matter how honest they appear.

I am sure you are completely honest and legitimate but how can we tell?

People usually try to build up some "on-line credit and confidence" before asking for anything.

As for not finding anyone else local to you well that may be the case. Sometimes you have to go further for what you want.

Try looking for Suzuki groups rather than TL groups, you may have better success.

Then again, someone may provide you with what you want.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Of course you're 100% right but... sending a picture with hidden plate numbers... what's the risk? I asked on facebook, willing to pay for the hassle in advance by paypal :)
Still no joy for now, so before buying those horrible stock parts I decided to give a shot on the forum...
I wouldn't expect trust from peoples I don't know, of course. The "find the parts as a loan" was only his idea, something to try locally. I'd obviously never expect peoples to send me parts... at that point I'd straight buy them and and of the story. :)

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
There are very few standard bikes on this site anyway which won't be a lot of help, :banghead

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep, definitely! The original indicators and plate bracket are pretty ugly so it's natural that peoples replaced them in hurry LOL.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts