TLZone Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
Just aquired a Tl1000R & a TL1000S and i gotta say why didn`t i do it earlier..
Thge TLR was purely a business affair, but i`ve been riding it now for over a week....I enjoyed it so much i went and bought an S.....
This is a 97 model in Green, which aint to my Taste but i got it for £950 so i cant grumble...needs a couple of items,A complete Rotary Damper & arms & a rear saddle, but seeing as i`m too much of a noob here i cant post in Wanted section... ;-P
I`m from Scotland so if anyone can help me out it would be very much appreciated....
Are there any members from the UK as i see this is a US/Canada dominated site, very similar to TL Planet :)

As soon as i`ve sussed how to sort pics i`ll add a couple of them....

Cheers....Matt

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Well heres your first TLZone greeting....:bigfinger

So you waited all this time to get a TL and then bought 2... good on you..

Theres loads of UK members on here but as you say the majority are our cousins across the pond.

Enjoy the site mate.

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
2 at once way to go :hail

welcome onboard :bigfinger

·
TLOTM Sept. '08
1,629 Posts
...needs a couple of items, A complete Rotary Damper ...
Hail from an ex-pat Scot.

Don't waste your time replacing the stock rotary damper - a new one doesn't perform any better! :laugh
There are a few available after-market options - Bitubo is popular as it replaces the SOAS and damper in one component.
Others that will replace the damper with a more conventional shock still retaining the SOAS
I have Ohlins which falls into latter category

There are a whole bunch of Brits on here - as mentioned earlier, also check out the UK Regional forum
(Have no idea why it says UK incl Scotland - Isn't Scotland a founding member of the United Kingdom of Great Britain? :O )

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
D`Ecosse, i`ve just put in an offer for a Hagon Damper, so hopefully i`ll be sorted soon...
I`m not Rossi & i`m over 9 Stone so the Rotary units work ok with me on board ;-P
Was out and about in Edinburgh City centre rippin it up with the " R " this afternoon...
You just gotta love that sound aint ya...
Especially with loud cans.... Superb :)

·
Registered
593 Posts
welcome to the zone...

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
welcome :bigfinger
theres an aussie forum too :devious

get yourself a subscription, you'll enjoy the benefits :thumbup

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
BTW fill out your sig as best you can it really helps us to help you .

you'll get the idea as you spend more time here.

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers for the welcome everyone....

Done a little bit of shopping for the TLs,

Hagon Damper assembly, a Clear lense Tail light, Chain & Sprockets & some fresh pads all round....

Gonna dump the oil and fit a new filter just for peace of mind....

In the mean time i`ll be playing silly buggers on the TLR....

Rolling thunder...oh yes ;-P

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi Matt Man give me a bell i dont get out on the :bwtiller often now but maybee we could meet up for a blast? :) and a bleather i'm in Bathgate West Lothian Cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts