TLZone Forums banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
The f41 ecu idles much worse. I cant get it to settle below 1500rpms. Lower than that and it wanders downward till it stalls. It surges at small throttle openings. The early ecu is much smoother. However this ecu has a way harder pull in the midrange. I'm all ears!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Yes, TPS is set right and I balanced the TBS with a mercury gauge. I also ohmed out the spark caps and cut the coil wires back a bit and reseated them during the engine replacement. New CR9EK plugs. I rode it a bunch today. Now it runs really well with the f41 ecu. Besides the idle and lean at 3000rpms. Next I wired in a 6.8k resistor temporarily to the GPS. The extra fuel definitely smoothed out the fueling but I lost that midrange snap. I think adding a little fuel via a TDI I ordered will do the trick. I'll take out the resistor.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Update: bike runs pretty well with the tre mod. Having a lot of fun riding it! Idle problem much better. Running smooth, great bike! Then I get home to put it away and the rear shock is creaking like mad. Terrible dry bearing sound. I really dont wanna take this all apart again.....

·
Registered
200 Posts
Don't know how much this aplies to an R,, but I remember reading you should not stiffen too much the compresion damping on the rotary POS damper !
That's when you risk craking the frame...

Owners still using the rotary should speak up..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Wow, adding a little fuel to slow speed adjustment on the TDI has made a huge difference. Idles perfectly at 1100 rpm. Zero surging while cruising. I added a switch to the tre and have swapped ecus back and forth. I'm trying to find the best combo. So far the f41 ecu, tre off, and settings +3.5 +4 +3 seem best. I also added a 40 tooth rear sprocket, not sure if I like that better....

41 - 56 of 56 Posts