TLZone Forums banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Don't know if anyone is reading this. I could not get the cams to line up exactly on the rear cylinder. Then I remembered an older post here about turning the idler gear to center the lobes on the cams. Sure enough, after a few different positions I was able to get the cams to line up perfectly! Thanks TLzone!

·
Registered
767 Posts
welcome back Ive just re surfaced after about 7 years away. as well as the TL, loving the other bikes in the stable...that Z ..yesssss! :hail

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Now ready for install. Got the TLR thermostat housing, sv1000 88c thermostat, and kidney on there. Throttle bodys cleaned up with new orings. Injectors flowed 320cc at 43.2 psi after cleaning. I put the best parts from three motors on here. She looks purdy!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Now ready for install. Got the TLR thermostat housing, sv1000 88c thermostat, and kidney on there. Throttle bodys cleaned up with new orings. Injectors flowed 320cc at 43.2 psi after cleaning. I put the best parts from three motors on here. She looks purdy!
You probably noticed this by now, but the throttle bodies are on backwards in the image you posted.
:)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Seems to run well. Went for a quick ride. I have not punched it yet. Just a shakedown cruise. I tried the original ecu and the recall one. They both felt the same. Should be warmer tomorrow, yay! Brap!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Ok, been riding the bike a bit and it has some strangeness going on. First off it's not very fast. In my memories this thing was a beast. But you know how it is, maybe I'm just used to it. So I check the fuel pressure. Seems fine. 43 pounds. Good flow out the return hose. Goes to 50 when I pinch the line. Changed all the vacuum hoses, triple checked connections including the jets for the regulator. New ground wire to frame, checked relay plug, looks good. Charging system working.

The bike does two things. First, oil in the airbox. I put the TLR kidney in there. Worse than the 97 motor, old setup. What do you guys think, why?

Second, runs good until hitting traffic and getting hot. After getting to temp it idles good at 1200. After riding in traffic and the cooling back down the idle drops to 1000rpms and feels like it's going to stall. If I adjust the idle knob back to 1200rpms when the bike cools down it idles too high. Running temp is 180f and in traffic 205f.

This is with the 97 pre recall ecu.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I think I'll just swap to the recall ecu and see if the hot idle problem goes away. I'll post back in a bit.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts