TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sent this light out in November and guy just finished it. YAYYYYY will ship it back to me tomorrow. I think it was well worth the wait :)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Advanced lites out in California. He has several videos on youtube. Took him a while but overall I am happy with the job from the pics. I requested Halos to be wired seperately from the lights.

If you check out his web page he isnt the cheapest but he does great work. Buddy has a set on his car and they look factory built. Factory or professional was the look I was going for.

The shroud is made to form fit and is made of Polyurethane plastic. If you watch his videos you will see how he does it. Involves a vacuum table. This video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2uGPe0aZgU shows him doing it with acrylic.

This mod is not cheap. $730 he supplies the projectors and Halo, and I supplied the TL headlight and clear lens. It's 700 without the halos. Now that he knows what he is getting into it may or may not be cheaper. For what i wanted the price was more then fair imo.

Overall his communication was lacking, but he was out of town alot for holidays. May have better luck with this with the holidays over.

Can't wait to get them in the mail. Been waiting for these before sending bike out for paint.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You have a way to vacuum form the shroud? Because this is by far the cleanest way to do it.

I am not naming names but do a search on headlights. Projectors look good BUT the finished product on alot of those posts look like CRAP. To me they literally look like you threw 2 projectors in the housing. The finished factory look is what I paid for.

If you can vacuum form the shroud feel free to pay $50 per month as a vendor and pray you get enough takers to cover the costs :)

·
Registered
790 Posts
Wow that looks the hotness, makes me want to wire in my halos. Very professional looking as well.

For $730 not including housing and lens my wallet would have said to go the cheaper route for $150. But hey it's just money, and that looks awesome!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
:stupid

There are a few bad ones out there. I think mine turned out nearly perfect for the look I wanted... but if you know where to look there are signs that it is an add on lens... I'll never tell you where to look though! :devious

I wouldn't have paid that much, but it's far superior to anything done without vaccuum forming for sure.

Headlight looks MINT in those pics mate! :thumbup

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL Ghost i wasnt talking about your lights. Your look pimp but now I am going to blow them up 500% and look for imperfections :laugh

·
Registered
153 Posts
looks great, looks like that guy knows his stuff. if i could afford it i would have mine..uh yours...or mine.....done that way too! cant wait to see it on the bike.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
LOL Ghost i wasnt talking about your lights. Your look pimp but now I am going to blow them up 500% and look for imperfections :laugh
I didn't think that... because I've seen the pics you've seen (offending clear lens mods) if you know what I mean. :devious

Good luck with finding the imperfections... I'm so OCD that what I call imperfections wouldn't bother 99.99% of you guys! :devious

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
looks great, looks like that guy knows his stuff. if i could afford it i would have mine..uh yours...or mine.....done that way too! cant wait to see it on the bike.
LOL i was waiting for you to notice this post. That much closer to you getting the lights currently on my bike :)

Tomorrow is Presidents day so may not ship until Tuesday. As soon as I get it installed I will msg you about sending the old light to you. Won't do it before getting new ones hooked up.

Ghost your bike screams OCD but did you powder coat the valve stem caps? I did :devious LOL Powder coater was like, "you want me to do what?" :laugh

·
Registered
651 Posts
They r some nice lights but for $750 that is a little too steep for my pocket with ordering a few of Van's stuff and other mods.

Ghost- I like the lights on yours and of course the overall bike as awlays..

·
Registered
284 Posts
I've build several of these headlight's.
Must say the (internal) look is different and needly done (from what I can see of the tiny pic's :devious )
Are you still able to adjust the projectors up/down/left/right?

But that amount of money is serious cash.
Not everyone can pay that ammount and have to go creative themselve's.
Please take that in mind the next time you comment on somebody else's work.

Looking forward to see the headlight in your TLR.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I do take that in mind. I am all for getting creative, but I know my limitations. Some of the headlight jobs look like the silicone or whatever they used to seal lens was put on with a spatula. This is just an example.

I didnt want to take that risk and wanted a clean factory look. I also didnt want to make a bracket or buy a bracket to hold them in. Some of the brackets look nice, but they look exactly like they are. An aftermarket bracket added in to hold a headlight.

If getting what i wanted took paying a premium then I was prepared to do that. Is it for everyone? Nope it's not, for the same reason CF wheels are not for everyone. It's an expense that has to be justified by the individual person. I wanted my lights to look like they came with the bike from the factory if a person didnt know better.

Ultimately I am happy with it and thats all that matters to me.

·
Registered
284 Posts
No need to drag this out any further, all that matters is that everyone is happy with the modification they are able to make to their TL.
One does that with 10 dollars, the other with a thousend, I believe that the enthausiasm that we all share about the TL's is priceless.

Now... post up some more pic's :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
I've seen those videos and have decided when I do my projector conversion I'll be making a vacume table and doing the same thing.

Your lights look great :thumbup

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Looks damn good, but for $750 + headlight is serious money, can buy entire TLs for that price every now and then in the states.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts